Araqis creating a programming language
We are creating the Nim programming language (https://nim-lang.org/) which combines a nice Python-like syntax with static typing and the performance of native code.
- Nim generates native dependency-free executables, not dependent on a virtual machine, which are small and allow easy redistribution.
- The Nim compiler and the generated executables support all major platforms like Windows, Linux, BSD and Mac OS X.
- Fast deferred reference counting memory management that supports real-time systems
- Modern concepts like zero-overhead iterators and compile time evaluation of user-defined functions, in combination with the preference of value-based datatypes allocated on the stack, lead to extremely performant code.
- Nim is self contained: the compiler and all of the standard library are implemented in Nim.
- Nim has a powerful macro system which allows direct manipulation of the AST, offering nearly unlimited opportunities.
- Macros cannot change Nim's syntax because there is no need for it — the syntax is flexible enough.
- Modern type system with local type inference, tuples, variants, generics, etc.
- Statements are grouped by indentation but can span multiple lines.
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method