More than four years later, BAMF Style has grown from one guy's attempt to chronicle outfits from his favorite movies into an international community that includes fans of film, fashion, and the frequent intersection of the two.
How many people are on the BAMF Style team?
It's just me - one guy in a small Pittsburgh apartment who likes to watch movies and TV shows on his old MacBook.
What will you use the money for?
A little extra money would go a long way toward:
- Purchasing or renting old or obscure movies and TV shows so that I can respond to the many interesting suggestions I get on a daily basis
- Allowing me more financial freedom to dedicate to content creation and increasing the frequency of quality posts
- Exploring new possibilities for creative output on BAMF Style
- Maintaining the site and its URL
- Branding for BAMF Style (logo, etc.)
- Feeding me
Between my 8-to-6 office day job, my side job as a rideshare driver, and my very human need for sleep, it can be very difficult to find time to maintain a posting schedule with the frequency that BAMF Style's more than 3,000 daily viewers deserve. While it may seem simple, a lot of work goes into every BAMF Style post. A two-hour movie becomes a four-hour screencapping process, followed by intense research to ensure that all posts are accurately informative and still entertainingly unique.
What are some examples of posts that you've done?
Some of my favorite posts (and some of the most popular posts) are:
- Daniel Craig's as James Bond in Skyfall (link)
- Daniel Craig in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (link)
- Cary Grant in North by Northwest (link)
- Steve McQueen in Bullitt (link)
- Cillian Murphy on Peaky Blinders (link)
- Michael Pitt's blue suit as Jimmy Darmody on Boardwalk Empire (link)
- Robert Redford in Three Days of the Condor (link)
- Keanu Reeves' suit in John Wick (link)
- John F. Kennedy's Ivy League Style (link)
Would you write about a movie or TV show that I like?
ABSOLUTELY! Suggestions from followers are the lifeblood of BAMF Style and help make it the great community that I am proud to be part of.
If you're a reader or follower, then I thank you for even considering financial support. If this is the first you're hearing of BAMF Style, check out bamfstyle.com and see if it's a page you'd be interested in checking out on a more regular basis!
If you think that I'm selling out, then please feel free to roll your eyes but still explore the many great artists at patreon.com who could always use help to support their creative efforts!