Your support is crucial. Read more about why here...
Through the power of celebration we're building a culture of appreciation within the global film community—inviting film lovers to fall madly in love with films by women directors, and encouraging the flow of attention and resources to their work.
The #DirectedbyWomen initiative is a true passion for me and it has been so exciting to see the ways this vision has resonated with so many people around the world. I feel deeply called to continue and expand this work. As the project has grown over the past few years, the need for financial backing has as well. I invite you to help make it possible for #DirectedbyWomen to flourish, allowing me to bring my energy, attention, time, and enthusiasm to the joyous tasks of noticing/gathering/sharing information about women directors and galvanizing global celebration of their work.
Some highlights of the #DirectedbyWomen initiative:
- #DirectedbyWomen Worldwide Film Viewing Party - September 1 - 30, 2018
- Global Directory of Women Who Have Directed Film—12121 directors + counting!
- #DirectedbyWomen Conversation Series
- #DirectedbyWomen Insights Series
- Social Media engagement including daily sharing of critical reflections by female film writers/critics/scholars on the work of women directors via Twitter
- Monthly Film Feast: 12 hour film viewing marathon on the first of each month
Become a patron today. Dedicate $1 (or more) each month to help the #DirectedbyWomen initiative flourish.
If the month to month subscription model doesn't suit you, but you'd like to contribute to help support my work, you can back the Sustain #DirectedbyWomen GoFund Me campaign or send a contribution via paypal.me/BarbaraAnnOLeary. If you'd like to discuss ways you or your organization can sponsor the #DirectedbyWomen initiative, please reach out. I'd love to hear from you.
I greatly appreciate the support. Let's keep the celebration alive and growing.
Barbara Ann O'Leary