be alice ¦ Hand Embroideryis creating textile art and embroidery tutorials
Calico Companions are the basic tier. Apart from giving me a bit more freedom with my work, you will have access to a Patron Only feed. This means:
- Behind the scenes photos and videos of my work
- Take part in polls and answer questions which will help me to develop my work
- Exclusive discounts for the website shop
- Exclusive competitions for classes and other prizes
- Named as a Calico Companion in any exhibitions and shows
This new tier will come into effect in January 2020
Needle Nerds get all the benefits of Calico Companions, plus:
- a kit mailed to you every second month, with all the materials and instructions you need to create your own embroidery. Needle Nerds receive kits at least a month before they are available to anyone else. Postage is included in your subscription - to anywhere in the world!
- named as a Needle Nerd in any exhibitions and shows
About be alice ¦ Hand Embroidery
Alice graduated from the Royal School of Needlework in 2017 with a BA in Hand Embroidery. She has worked on a number of high profile projects such as the Nicholas Oakwell for GREAT Britain Campaign and the HBO Game of Thrones Hardhome Embroidery. During her time at the Royal School of Needlework, Alice was awarded bursaries in 2016 and 2017. In 2018, her work was displayed in 'Artonomy' at the MART Gallery - an exhibition and auction held to raise money for the campaign to Repeal the 8th Amendment in Ireland. Alice also donated work to the Take Heart Pop Up to support the work of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.