Bechdel Theatreis creating podcasts, theatre, and conversations
Select a membership level
Support our online work!
We use social media to help audiences find stage shows that pass the Bechdel test with flying colours and make a positive difference when it comes to representation.
$1 a month helps us pay for our web and podcast hosting.
Help us #BringAFeministFriend every time we see a show!
When we review on our podcast we like to #BringAFeministFriend (someone who wouldn't normally go to the theatre) to get their opinions.
Pledging over $5 pays for us to record these special episodes.
Get us out of town!
We Bechdel test theatre all over the place. Help us travel to other towns and arts festivals to see new and touring shows, and host events which amplify and celebrate under-represented voices across the UK.
$10 a month allows us to travel within and beyond the city we live in.
We use social media, blogging, podcasting, stickers and special events to provide a platform for under-represented theatre artists and celebrate their work.
- Our stickers on posters at theatre festivals to highlight work which passes the Bechdel test and help them catch the attention of potential audience-members.
- Our podcast is aimed at anyone interested in theatre and/or feminism, with interviews, show reviews and previews, and discussion about gender and representation across all art forms and pop culture.
- We facilitate conversations about representation on stage and in life, by hosting relaxed and open audience discussions in theatre bars after shows that pass the Bechdel test with flying colours.
- We support theatre-makers to make new shows based on voices that we recognise from real life, but are often absent or sidelined on stage, with our creative project Bechdel Testing Life.
- We run workshops which focus on empowerment, creativity and collaboration, and are open to anyone (with any level of training or none) who wants to make feminist theatre.
By being a Patreon and giving a small amount every money, you can help us pay for:
- Upkeep and expansion of our website and building of our online community.
- Space, time and equipment to record our podcast.
- Time and space to hold conversations, workshops and showcase new work.
- Printing of stickers, programmes and flyers, promoting both our own events and other people's shows.
We'd like to see more touring shows, and attend all major theatre and arts festivals to seek out and support a wide range of Bechdel-friendly performing arts and help feminist audiences find shows that are playing a part in improving representation.