My ambition is to work on music that lifts people up, helps them realise they're not alone, gives them joy when they're feeling depressed, brings them together. I believe in supporting my family of artists to make music that is the fullest expression of themselves. With your help we can do more of that!
Pledging to my Patreon gets you every solo release or book of drawings I make. In addition, I post about my collaborations so you can decide whether to support them as well.
In 2017 so far:
- We completed a new Benbo EP/mini-album which is about to be released, with an awesome cast of talent including Marta Salogni (Frank Ocean/The xx), Kat Five (of Louder Than War 2017 #onestowatch Feral Five), Gr3n (u don't know him but u will), Mandy Parnell (Björk/Aphex Twin), Bob Macciochi (DJ Shadow) and A.K. Benedict (Doctor Who).
- We released 'Pressure Systems' by Mother Cyborg, the first full-length album of new material on my label, Pink Lizard Music – and Detroit came out to support big time. I co-produced 7 of the 8 tracks with Mother Cyborg.
- We entered the year in the top 5 in South Africa with EJ von LYRIK's 'Keep It Funky (Oh No Ah Uh) which I co-produced.
- We created a new pay-what-you-have Secret Library for Pink Lizard Music composers to make money by having their music used on film & TV.
- We licensed music (including one of my remixes) to a PBS web series, a feature documentary film about global hip hop scenes and a tooth whitening product :D
- We have big new releases scheduled from other artists including Bovine Tranquility (a song about cow farts), Mysterious Motherfucker (who can it be) and Neotropic (genuine amazingness).
- We had BT Sport, VICE on HBO and an award-winning feature documentary film use music by me and other Pink Lizard Music artists.
- We added BBC 1Xtra and CapitalXTRA to the list of radio stations that have played our releases.
- We broadcast a live music show from the UK's biggest TV studios (and home of Britain's Got Talent), Fountain Studios.
- We extended our reach beyond Europe, Oceania and North America to Africa – with Cape Town's biggest hip hop show jumping on EJ von LYRIK's 'Keep It Funky (Oh No Ah-Uh)', a co-production with me.
- We got another nod in Ambient Music Guide's end-of-year best-of lists.
- We got two *extraordinary* albums finished that to me sound like classics in their fields. And I managed to get Marta Salogni (Frank Ocean/Shura) to mix another track for my solo album.
- We released a total of 12 singles, EPs and albums.
- One of them was a clear vinyl Record Store Day Exclusive 10" vinyl record of the first collaboration made for project #AIEEE.
- Gordon Raphael (The Strokes) mixed two tracks for my solo album.
- We got a placement on Spotify 'Fresh Finds'.
- The BBC supported us with plays on 6 Music, Radio 3 and BBC1 (Points Of View, The One Show).
- We had radio support in the Philippines (Jam), Australia (Triple J) and Germany (Radio X).
- Indie Shuffle and Pigeons & Planes recommended one of our releases.
- We got two nods in Ambient Music Guide's end-of-year best-of lists.
- I set up Pink Lizard Music to package, publish and release uncompromised original music by the family of unique independent writer-artists I worked with in 2013.
- I organised contracts with distributors, publishing and rights management.
- I went out to Los Angeles to make contacts with film & TV music buyers.
- We made the first two test releases on PLM Soundtracks – these went on to get plays on BBC Radio 3 and uses in a feature documentary film.
- We started filming a documentary on project #AIEEE – see below for what that is.
- I set out to make 1 new original piece of music with a new collaborator every week – I got to 35 before I crashed and burned. This endeavour was called 'project #AIEEE'. I met amazing artists from the UK, USA, Vienna, Australia and Dubai.
- I set out to publish 1 drawing every day – and did it.
What I've learned is that together, we are stronger. Right now we have a big family of artists at Pink Lizard Music – we need a big family of supporters to help us get these wonderful albums, singles and EPs out.
Why? Because we are trying to make the music the absolute best it can be – and that takes time, money and a relentless focus on working it 'til it's REALLY finished.
And part of that is to get my own music out, including a solo album I've been working on for many many years – I want it to be how I hear it in my head, and that, it turns out, is more than I can do alone. Slowly, piece by piece, I'm able to bring others in to do mixes, string arrangements and so on, and slowly it's getting more and more real.
As you may know, making a living from independent music requires an epic effort. Your support – however small – can power that effort to greater heights. We always want to do MORE and BETTER things.
Up for giving us $1 per creation? $5? Even $10? Please join this campaign now!