Creating music videos, music education, & music activism.
Greetings. Welcome & deepest gratitude for visiting Beth Quist's new patreon site. I'll be taking baby steps to get this up & running, but I'm hopeful & excited about how this platform is working. Intro video will come shortly.
I decided on this platform for many reasons.
- One is that I don't want to be limited to a one time project such as an album. I love to constantly create, & like the enticement of the journey rather than just a single goal. Just like a piece of music, it's about every note & expression along the way, not just about getting to the end. Patreon is all inclusive. The songs along the way that will fill an album to share with everyone.
- Another is that as a permaculture designer & deep lover of the Natural world, I'd like to lessen my footprint & find ways to make a living closer to home with music that also allows me to put energy into my own surroundings with regenerative agriculture & local environmental protection.
- I would like to utilize the videos & this community to network & plan so that when I do tour it is both efficient, fun, & supported. I will include patreon perks when I am in your region
- Purchase & maintenance of musical instruments.
- Purchase & upkeep of video & audio recording gear & software
- Helping to keep food in my system & shelter over my head which helps to maintain my most important musical instrument, the body, which includes my voice.
- Hiring videographers & audio engineers with far better equipment, knowledge, & skill than I have.
- Hiring other musicians, dancers, animators, film makers, artists to collaborate with.
- Funding education that I can expand my own skills with which I will be able to share even more with you.
- Upkeep of my website.
- Giving me more time to practice & rehearse in order to give you the highest quality musical experience.
- The music itself is always free. It is all these other technical items that go into releasing it out into the world that require money in the current paradigm.
Beth Quist is a multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, and composer, who began playing piano at age 2. She was lead soprano and instrumentalist for the creation band in Cirque du Soleil's "KA", and currently performs solo, with Sherefe which specializes in Balkan and Middle Eastern music. She has sung & toured with Bobby McFerrin's Voicestra since 1997, and appears on his albums "Circlesongs", "Mouth Music", and "VOCAbuLarieS". Beth has also composed over 50 scores for dance, theater, television, & film, including musical contributions to the Emmy nominated documentary "The Two Escobars". Other notable musical collaborations include Roger Fisher (Heart) & Scott Cossu (Windham Hill).
Her early musical influences were "Batman," "Star Trek," and "Dr. Zhivago." "I'm a Little Leopard Prowling Around in Sneakers" was her first musical composition at age 8.
She has a 4-octave soprano voice, and plays piano, keyboards, santour (hammered dulcimer), dumbek, daff, guitar, flute, and various other toys that she can get her hands on. Her music combines influences from the Balkans, the Middle East, and India with her Western upbringing. www.bethquist.com
In the days, months, years to come I am psyched at the potential for growth & creativity. Thank you all so much who are helping me get this started, & may we laugh together on the way as I'm sure I'll have plenty of goof up moments. Thank you for your patience & understanding as I learn & work my way through this curve. It's both exciting & a little daunting, but I'm determined.