If you can listen to a podcast, you can begin to study and apply the Bible in new ways!
- Knowing more about the context of the Bible is like going from “black and white” to “living color” when you read the text.
- Knowing more about the Bible’s original audience allows us to better translate the Bible’s original application for our world today
- When we read the text without cultural context we can miss important details that change the meaning of the text.
- Reading and applying the Bible contextually helps us live better today!
The hardest thing about understanding the Bible in its original context is knowing where to start! When you’re faced with getting that next sermon done or trying to finish up your study for small group, who has time to check the atlas or look for additional resources? What I’ve found though, is that when you enter into the ancient world of the Biblical text, the way you approach, read, and apply the text is fundamentally transformed for the better.
My aim is to offer material that is applicable and important to ministry in a church context from academics that are experts in the field of the cultural backgrounds of the bible. You’ll gain insight into current research and biblical application that will begin to change the way you read the text
Another podcast ... seriously?
Yes! For time starved individuals, podcasts are the perfect tool for learning on the go. Together, we can begin to gesture towards how this deeper contextual meaning affects the way we apply the text in our congregations and in our own lives today.
- Bible translation begins when we understand the Bible’s original application in its own place and time (Get this right, you’ll be in a better place to apply the text today!)
- By hearing from experts in the field, podcast listeners will be on the cutting edge of biblical research and understanding.
- Contextual study helps us realize God’s story is filled with people and places that are more real than we can normally imagine.
- Give me 30-minutes a week and I will give you resources that will shorten your bible study and sermon prep time.
I need your help to produce this and make it better! I want to make sure that the material I am offering you in the Biblical Remains Podcast is of the highest quality and caliber. You can help by becoming a patron of the podcast! Your monthly subscription will help grow our team, pay for the hard costs of producing a high-quality podcast and encourage other creators to produce similar resources for the Church today.
There's also some great bonuses for becoming a patron of the show!
P.S. The time is now. There is a significant gap between the church and the academic study of the Bible. Let’s work together to bridge that gap. By doing so, not only will the church be better but that academy will be better because of the mutual engagement.
Encounter the ancient world of the bible and live better today!