Bite Size Veganis creating Free, Open-Access, Vegan Educational Content
Select a membership level
Card-Carrying Member of the Nugget Army
Never doubt the effect a nugget of support can have! And at just 3¢ a day, this pledge level is quite a deal! You get:
- An official Nugget Army membership card
- Access to my Patreon-only feed where I interact with my patrons & share exclusive videos, photos, posts & all kinds of awesomeness that's only for you!
- An insider look at upcoming developments for Bite Size Vegan that no one else knows about!
- My undying gratitude & genuine thanks!
Hanging With My Nugget Army!
Who knew a five could have such an impact!
At just 17¢ a day, you get:
- Access to a monthly video hangout with me & your fellow patrons. We can shoot the vegan breeze, talk about important issues, or just "hang."
- Early access to videos before they go public!
++ Plus all the rewards from previous levels!
Ten-Hut To The Truth!
This is the pledge level where I send you things in the actual mail! At just 33¢ a day, you get:
- A Bite Size Vegan sticker! (oooo! aaaaah!) 🐌 📬
- A transcript of every video I post, making easy reference for information and quotations
++ Plus all the rewards from previous levels!
About Bite Size Vegan
Bite Size Vegan simplifies the complexities of veganism through engaging and approachable educational content—creating new vegans and equipping existing vegans with the tools they need to get active.
By helping people make the connection that veganism—far from an extreme way of life—is simply aligning our actions with the values we already have , my hope is that Bite Size Vegan helps end the pervasive exploitation of non-human animals.
The Mission...I founded Bite Size Vegan upon the belief that everyone deserves access to solid, factual information on issues impacting their health, our planet, society, and the lives of other sentient beings.
Everything Bite Size Vegan provides is completely free. All of the videos, articles, and downloads are open to all, and speeches are delivered free of charge.
Bite Size Vegan content is purposefully tailored to modern methods of information consumption to increase access to right-to-know information that is otherwise buried under mountains of information, disinformation and misinformation, hidden behind paywalls, or requiring more time and/or research experience than many individuals have or can afford.
This is why I decided to take on the ample time requirements of researching the myriad of issues inherent within and surrounding veganism, as well as sorting through the ever-growing mountains of information, and create content that has—and continues to—increase both the accessibility of veganism for non-vegans, and the efficiency and effectiveness of current vegans' activism!
The Impact...Over the years, I've received messages from people all over the world who've gone vegan because of Bite Size Vegan content and speeches—from 5-year-olds to 75-year-olds, entire families, and even the most hard-core militant meat-eaters (and in at least one case, adamant hunter!) I will never cease to be amazed by these stories of change!
And while my primary intention with Bite Size Vegan was to reach non-vegans, I've heard from existing vegans who have—through the videos—found the confidence to speak up and take action for the animals. This has increased the impact of my own efforts exponentially, and I'm so grateful to each and every person who has raised their voice.
Bite Size Vegan content...
- has reached people in at least 205 Countries or Regions
- has been translated into over 52 languages
- has been used in classrooms in multiple US states as well as internationally
[You can read some more testimonials of Bite Size Vegan's impact here.]
What's Going On With BSV Now?Bite Size Vegan is currently in a major phase of growth and change—for one, it's now a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization! (I know far more about tax codes now than I ever wanted to...)
While you may not be seeing the break-neck video production & publication I (somehow) upheld for over 3 and a half years, I'm hard at work making Bite Size Vegan into it's next phase—an even more comprehensive resource for non-vegans, new vegans, and activists alike.
The most time-consuming task at the moment is a massive website overhaul and rebuild. This is no simple update to a Wordpress site! The new website will serve as the epicenter of Bite Size Vegan content and resources, with new feature such as: an advanced guided search for finding just what you need; "get started" guides for non-vegans, new vegans, and vegans wanting to get active; ebook downloads of the video and article posts; and (I'm so nerdily excited about this one), eCourses that combine Bite Size Vegan videos with new course content and quiz questions for a complete educational experience!
Putting this all together takes a lot of time! It's definitely exciting to lay the foundation for Bite Size Vegan’s future, but it is a ton of grunt work too. Making every little decision really means making every little decision (like manually reviewing, sorting, tagging, categorizing, and adding features to over 360 videos in the Bite Size Vegan catalog!)
There is a lot happening outside of the website rebuild as well! Running a nonprofit requires a lot of other, less exciting work (setting up the systems to manage government filings, creating a system for managing volunteers, coordinating a board and seeking out new members, updating governance documents, creating protocols for social media and other communication, and writing copy for the website and social media profiles, and more!) Whew!!
Why Your Help Is NeededBite Size Vegan has no paid staff and relies entirely on the generous support of viewers and readers like you to continue its mission.
Because the issues surrounding and inherent to veganism are so important, yet so easily and quickly rejected, it's vital that I present well-researched and documented information, which of course takes ample time and effort to produce!
A single video—along with its cited article—can take me over 200 hours or more to research, write, film, produce, and animate. And speeches require months of intensive research and preparation.
What It Means To Be A PatronWhen you become a patron of Bite Size Vegan, you are saying that vegan education is important and vital work. You are taking a stand for the animals. You are enlisting in the Nugget Army and fighting for the liberation of all beings and the eradication of ignorance-based cruelty. I truly believe that education is where the vegan movement is going to gain the most ground.
By changing minds, we save lives.
As a patron, you'll be with me "behind the scenes." It's not just an inside look, either—as a patron, you'll have the opportunity to shape the future of Bite Size Vegan. I often share what's in-process and love hearing everyone's thoughts and input. When you join the Nugget Army, you're not just supporting the educational outreach of Bite Size Vegan— you're a part of it.
Other Ways To Support?Patreon's not for everyone. Maybe you want to give a one-time donation, donate with Bitcoin, and/or learn about other ways to support. Just check out the Support Page of BiteSizeVegan.org for more information.
(And just fyi, one of the long-term plans after the massive "in-the-works" website overhaul is a whole new donor area within the website itself)
Where Does Your Money Go?Your pledge goes directly to the creation of more vegan education. Outside of Patreon's and credit card processing fees, all pledge funds go directly to the Bite Size Vegan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.
Some of the major expenses at the moment are:
- The website overhaul and rebuild (details up in the "What's Going On With BSV Now?" section)
- Ideally, bringing on independent contractors & consultants for all the areas I've been juggling as one person!
Some of the ongoing expenses (fun!) include:
- All the exciting tech stuff, like web hosting, online storage, cloud backups, databases, and so much more (are you bored yet?)
- Accounting, payroll and legal services—necessary for a nonprofit, but oh-so-expensive (yay, grown-up stuff!)
- The data storage and hardware to store all of the data as Bite Size Vegan continues to expand (SO MUCH DATA!)
- Video making stuff like lighting, cameras and such
What If You Can't Give?If you're not in a place to support Bite Size Vegan financially, that is more than okay! There are so many ways to help out, including:
- Volunteering your skills to help with the (not so bite size) workload
- Subscribing to the channel (be sure to "enable notifications" by clicking the bell after subscribing),
- Watching the videos, reading the articles, & sharing them in every place you can think of!
- Encouraging people to check the website and to connect with me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Suggesting BSV to podcasts, magazines and websites for potential coverage
- Shopping through the BSV Amazon,
- and anything else creative you can think of!
Whatever you do to support Bite Size Vegan, I am so very grateful! I genuinely appreciate each and every one of you- without you, I'm just a vegan in front of a camera - but together we can change the world.
Thank You!Thank you for considering supporting Bite Size Vegan. I will keep doing my very best to be an effective voice for the animals and forever keep my focus on their plight. Much love to you and all my thanks!
Bite Size Vegan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization—all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.