Hi, it's me, Claude Johnson. Welcome to our Patron page!
As a patron, here's what you get ...
1) A unique and exclusive high quality thank you gift at any patron level you select!
2) Access to our patron-only podcasts, videos, blog posts, research, and storytelling!
3) Behind-the-scenes unscripted content not available anywhere else!
4) Automatically entry into our raffles for Black Fives gear and swag!
5) Priority attention to your questions, comments, and feedback mentioned in our "on-the-air" material!
6) Different pledge levels from which to choose!
7) Tax-deductibility for your pledge, since we are a tax-exempt USA Section 501(c)(3) public charity!
8) Confidence that your pledge is meaningful and directly supports our important charitable mission!
9) A dedicated and passionate community of fans, aficionados, researchers, educators, and descendants who care deeply about preserving, teaching, and honoring this important history!
10) Last but not least, you get our genuine appreciation!
Thanks for becoming a patron of our creative efforts! Make History Now!
Who We Are ...
Our mission here at the Black Fives Foundation is to research, preserve, showcase, and teach the pre-NBA history of African Americans in basketball while honoring its pioneers. We bring proper recognition to this once-forgotten but important history, which reveals crucial life lessons including leadership, character, collaboration, grit, and finding common ground.
Though not as well known as their more famous counterparts like Jesse Owens, Joe Louis, or Jackie Robinson, the heroic African American pioneers of the Black Fives Era made pivotal contributions that helped pave the way for the game as it is today.
Founder & Executive Director
The Black Fives Foundation
The Internal Revenue Service recognizes the Black Fives Foundation (BFF) as a Section 501(c)(3) public charity. Gifts to BFF are tax deductible in the USA. Our Federal Tax ID Number is 46-1925488.