BoatingEuropeis creating Video Blogs
Select a membership level
Many thanks for supporting the Videos production and for pledging to donate a little more. Your support will make a real difference!
The tidal Thames River is our trial run base and our first big European River.
Many thanks for supporting Videos production and for pledging to donate EVEN more. Your support will make a huge difference.
We made it to the Seine River and Paris! The boats are getting bigger and the river wider.
After 4 years fitting out the boat with mostly reclaimed material and exploring the London Canals and the Lea it is time to go. The boat is designed for "the worst weather and sea conditions" and Hamish & Ana decide to take it across the sea to France then crossing Europe, 8 km/h, on inland waterways. This is the story of how to do it!
01. Buying the boat & motivation
02. London boating life + building the boat
03. Preparing to leave
04. Kew to Medway
05. Medway + English Channel
06. Calais to Paris
07. Paris to winter mooring
08. Winter mooring (year 1) to Strasbourg
09. Strasbourg to Bamberg
10. Bamberg to Linz
11. Winter mooring (year 2) / back to London
12. London life / getting boat ready ( drones ) / back on the water / boat club waving us goodbuy
13. Danube / Linz to Serbian border
14. Danube / Serbia
15. Serbia to Black Sea (winter mooring year 3)
16. Danube Delta
Each episode will be around 30 minutes long and available on the #openweb and on youtube.
Do follow us to see how our small 7.2m long boat, dodges 225m long pushed convoys of barges, 25m deep locks and 62m deep mountain gorges, as we travel through some of the most beautiful European rivers, canals and long 5km tunnels.
Your continuous support, will help us editing all of the 16 episodes listed above with the goal to produce a feature-length documentary.
We are currently working on the Boatingeurope videos and aim to start releasing them when we get to 50 patrons subscribing. In the meanwhile we are posting bonus videos.
Each Patreon will have access to the perks listed below:
• you get to see the draft edit of the show before it goes live
• You get invited to a monthly live video chat
• you get access to the photo/video albums
If you're already a Patreon you're already doing the most amazing thing and directly supporting videos production.
Wether you are a Patreon or your budget does not allow at the moment to suport us financially you can still do it at no cost as below:
• Follow our YouTube account, our Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon) and Blog Posts
• Make sure you leave some comments so that we know you are actually out there
• Share, share & share as much as you can on the #dotcons
Thank you for your support.