Bonnie Jo Stufflebeamis creating fiction and poetry
Select a membership level
Once a month, you'll receive access to my videos in which I review stuff, talk about inspiration for stories and poems, or discuss the writing life
Once a month, you'll also receive access to one poem, previously unreleased online
You'll also receive thanks on my website!
About Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam
Note: I'm taking a break from Patreon for writing but leaving this open. No new posts will be forthcoming for the time being. I understand for those Patrons who want to withdraw their pledges. For people wanting to join, you will have access to old posts, but that is all. Thanks!
What's a Stufflebeam?Hi! I'm Bonnie Jo Stuffebeam, the writer with a really weird name!
I write speculative fiction of all stripes--literary, horror, science fiction, fantasy--and poetry. My work has appeared in over 60 magazines such as Clarkesworld, Lightspeed, Uncanny, Fairy Tale Review, and Year’s Best Dark Fantasy and Horror. One of my shorts appeared on the podcast LeVar Burton Reads! I have been a nominee for the Nebula Award and won Wattpad/Syfy's Battle the Beast contest, where my story set in the world of the Magicians was turned into an animated short film.
I also host a collaborative art show in Fort Worth, Texas, called the Art & Words Show. The show has been featured in various magazines.
Why do you need money?
Being a writer doesn't exactly pay the bills. I depend on the support of patrons to have enough time to write and pursue all the opportunities that come my way. Right now I'm working on novels, and I plan to write more stories, and neither of these paths are sustainable on their own in this day and age. Art is important! And so is money. Be like the patrons of yore! Help me stay fed! And I'll make sure to keep putting art into the world. <3
What will you give me in exchange?
- For $1 a month, I'll keep your name on a thank-you page on my website!
- For $5 a month, you'll get access to a monthly poem never before released online!
- For $10 a month, you'll get access to monthly videos in which I review stuff, talk about inspiration for recent stories and poems, and talk about the writing life!
- For $20 a month, you'll get access to a monthly 30-minute skype session where you can ask me questions!
- For $60 a month, I will critique a 5,000 word or less short story for you once a month!
- For $100 a month, I will mail you art cards once a month with little essays or poems on the back!