For Patreon, I will be creating in depth videos dissecting well-known works in the band literature to look at the finer points of their orchestration. Works I'd like to fully explore are Lincolnshire Posy by Grainger, Dionysiaques by Schmitt, and possibly several others depending on interest.
The first series will be a detailed look at Percy Grainger's Lincolnshire Posy. We will look at each individual part and look at what the player sees and what their role is in the context of the whole work. Each video will focus on a different instrument.
I have seven levels of membership:
- Piccolo Level will get you access to all the videos created.
- Flute Level will get you access to the videos as well as once monthly score evaluation by me (up to 5 pages of full score)
- Oboe Level will get you access to the videos, once monthly score evaluation (up to 10 pages), and early release chapters of my upcoming books.
- B-flat Clarinet Level will get you all the previous rewards, plus a once monthly Skype session (thirty minutes) where I will be your personal tutor in helping you with your own band scoring.
- Bass Clarinet Level will get you all the above rewards plus an hour-long monthly Skype session (or two thirty minute ones).
- Saxophone Level will get you all the above rewards plus two hour-long monthly Skype sessions.
- Bassoon Level will get you all the above rewards, plus a one time commission of a work dedicated to you for solo instrument and piano.
From the B-flat Clarinet Level on you, you will have the ability to purchase any of my book for half the cost ($22.50 for Volume 1 and a pre-order of $25.00 for Volume 2).