Meiun Caroline Maby | Meditative artistis creating Dharma Art: Painting, drawing, collage & mixed media
Congratulations ! You officially become a Patron ! You now encourage contemporary artistic creation ( outside traditional markets ) supporting a living artist.
You will benefit from a full access to the Art journal.
- Full access to the blog on this page: Follow the painter on her path: Sneak peaks of the studio & from other inspirational places most cherished by the artist, news from behind the scenes: notes, poems, zen practices, work in progress, creative process... and more!
- Special pricing conditions for any commission directly placed to the artist: - 5 %.
Waw ! Here you are, a Creative Patron in direct contact with the studio.
You will benefit from 2 original creations per year!
- Everything in the lower pack + plus:
- At the spring and autumn equinoxes (May and September), receive an original and unique creation: mixed media on paper, A4 size (ca. 20 x 30 cm or 12 x 8 in.), delivered unframed & — 'made with love' — in resonance with Nature and the season.
- An invitation to the annual cocktail party - at the workshop (or in an inspiring place announced shortly before the event).
Oh la la ! Here you are, a Committed Patron for whom the artist will work, every season, all year long.
You will benefit from 4 original creations per year!
- Everything in the lower pack + plus:
- At summer and winter solstices (June and December), receive an original and unique creation: mixed media on paper, A4 size (ca. 20 x 30 cm or 12 x 8 in.), delivered unframed & — 'made with love' — in resonance with Nature and the season.
- Special pricing conditions for any commission directly placed to the artist: -10 % ( instead of - 5 % ).
About Meiun Caroline Maby | Meditative artist
Thank you for interest in my work! :)
Patronage is modern face of the art market. It sets free both art lovers and artists who can connect directly — above the market laws — and tie a very special relationship.
Your patronage will help me to go deeper into my zen practice which opens the space where my whole art work unfolds.
Become my patron and support my life mission: Painting... Painting on the way of zen.
Your sponsorship will allow me to organise solitary retreats in isolated places, to attend sesshins (zen retreats at the monastery), to strengthen my awareness thanks to daily practices: shikantaza (sitting meditation), calligraphy, poetry, ikebana (japanese art of floral design), to study of the Dharma and to translate books.
This whole commitment into the zen path is time-consuming, mainly solitary and out of the market.
This is why I really need you as a benefactor: all of these pregnant components are fundamentally underlying my artistic creation.
As a reward, you will receive regularly genuine art works that I will create especially for you. Please know that working for commissioners is one of my very favorite things in life.
In advance, I thank you wholeheartedly,
With love & gratitude,
Become my Patron / donate via Paypal / enquire via Email / discover more at www.carolinemaby.com
About Meiun Caroline Maby
The truly profound relationship Meiun Caroline Maby cultivates with Nature inherently imprints her artwork. The nordic sky and light, the telluric forces of the elements — & especially the ocean — drive her inspiration.
Animals, the whispering of stars and the feeling of sacredness speak directly to her deep intuition and delight her taste for mystery.
Raw canvas and paper are the bare, open space to which she invites the breath of poetry.
Maby is a meditative painter embracing the way of zen; she has received the precepts (jukaï or lay ordination) and her dharma name — Meiun or 雲明 — means "Luminous Cloud".
Japanese awareness practices (shikantaza, shodō, waka, ikebana... ), the study of the Dharma and of phenomenology are pregnant components underlying her work.
A recognized art therapist, Maby is also passionate about the interaction between the elevating power of art and the moving depths of the psyche.
From her humanitarian experience, Maby has retained a deep-rooted commitment to children's rights. advocating for nature and biodiversity as well as for animal rights now appears as a strong watermark of her artwork.
Since 2015, Maby has dedicated herself solely to painting. She now works in her studio based on the Emerald Coast, northern Brittany, France. (curriculum)