Hello! I'm Cassie Soliday, but have also been called Casey, Cathy, Cassidy, and Meghan at most coffee shops and by random people I have to talk to over the phone. (Don't be sad for me, though. I finally got a cool nickname, Casassy, at a much cooler time in my life.) I'm a writer and cartoonist. Currently, I daylight at an animation studio where I help other people tell their stories. Of course, I love it, but I really want to get my own ideas and stories out onto the page, too!
Here are some of my plans:
- 365 daily diary comics from 2017 (*It was overwhelming, and I still have a lot of inking left to do!)
- Sacramento/Two Year Wedding Anniversary travelogue comic (*roughs finished, needs inking!)
- "Hello 30" comic essays on turning 30
- YA graphic novel about growing up with red hair and freckles and feeling like an alien
- Peafowl Adventure- 12 page travelogue comic about looking for peacocks in the suburban landscapes of Southern California
- San Luis Obispo/One Year Wedding Anniversary travelogue comic
While I do work full-time right now, the industry is a lot of piecing together job after job. It's been tough to save up with the high cost of living in LA and paying back student loans, but with your help I will be able to set aside the time to create more comics without the sporadic freelance and late paying gigs. Every dollar helps! Your support is appreciated!
Remember, you can edit or cancel your pledge at anytime. And if you're unable to contribute to this campaign right now, no worries! You can still support me by following my art and comics over on my website, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.