- We support a lot of 3D and 2D formats (X3D, VRML, Collada, Wavefront OBJ, MD3, Spine and Dragon Bones...).
- We are portable to a lot of platforms - desktop, mobile (Android, iOS), web browser plugin.
- We have a lot of cool graphic effects. Shadows, mirrors, bump mapping, shader effects...
- Our main scene format is X3D, an open standard, to which you can export from any 3D authoring software -- Blender, 3ds Max, Maya... It is also our scene graph, which means that you can do many cool things by changing it at runtime. You can create various processing and visualization tools, not only games!
- We have many optional components, like a comfortable API for 3D games with creatures (with ready intelligence).
- We are using Object Pascal, a modern Pascal dialect, with classes, generics etc. We have a Modern Object Pascal Introduction for Programmers so you can learn everything you need. We use FPC as a cross-platform compiler and Lazarus as an IDE (editor, debugger, visual designer). The next engine version, 6.4, will also feature Delphi compatibility.
- We are also making view3dscene, which is a viewer for all the 3D formats we support. It is perfectly usable on it's own, as a browser for interactive 3D worlds created in X3D or VRML.
I have spent most of my days (and nights:) developing this engine throughout the years. I guess it has become a project of my life, and I'm quite proud of it.
The goal was always to create the most beautiful games ever, with interesting story and incredible graphics. So the Castle Game Engine was created as a vehicle to do the games I love. Nowadays, we're making mobile games as an indie game studio Cat-astrophe Games, of course using my engine!
Please support the development of the engine, so that I can implement more features and support even more platforms! Thank you! And we have rewards -- you can request a feature, request a game (as an example of engine use; new game every month!) and get access to a "cloud build" server.