I'm a Bronx-born and raised designer. I'm also an avid game developer and advice writer. I've done a lot of community organization including co-founding Code Liberation, the Game Devs of Color Expo, and Good for PoC. I love finding ways to increase empathy through interactive media – many of my personal projects center around the human experience and tackle issues related to interpersonal relationships, self-expression, gender, and race.
This Patreon is a way you can support my unfunded work including weird, emotional, creative, boundary-pushing games including as SoulForm (see my intro video!) and SweetXheart, diversity-focused events that I organize, and knowledge-sharing writing that helps others like How to Become a Public Speaker in 1 Year. I'd also like to get back into speaking at schools and non-profit groups, which usually don't pay but are emotionally fulfilling.
By becoming a patron, you will help me focus on finishing projects that I am unable to fund otherwise. I already create a lot of content, so your funds will go directly toward that rather than the creation of any additional updates – but you will occasionally get earlier access than others!
Here are some nice things people have said about me and my work:
- "Look out for whatever the next thing Catt Small is working on. Or the next several things. She’s busy." – Technically Brooklyn
- "Small didn’t become a force in the male-dominated world of gaming development by being quiet. Her experiences helped give her confidence in her abilities and a voice at the table." – Moguldom
- "She is a force to be reckoned with in Brooklyn’s tech community, and we are proud to call her one of our own." – Katepalli Sreenivasan, NYU Tandon School of Engineering Dean
- "She is not only doing a splendid job in the tech-world but is also acting as a role model and motivator for young girls having cold feet in pursuing STEM education and career." – Innov8tiv
- "A cyber-dynamo who excels at UX Design and coding, Small helps to promote the importance of STEM, Web design, and gaming culture to the masses." – Black Enterprise
Learn more on my About page~ thank you! :*