What is ccMixter?Thank you so much for visiting ccMixter's Patreon page. We are excited for the future of ccMixter.org and are asking for you to be part of it. ccMixter is a global community of cooperative musicians. Together, we create open-source music that people use all over the world. Because ccMixter is based upon collaboration, not competition, it is a uniquely positive place for us as musicians. Run entirely by volunteers, we are growing and need your help to keep ccMixter running, free for artists and without ads.
Why is ccMixter on Patreon?Your Patreon pledge will keep ccMixter.org up and running - without ads or subscription fees. Your support will keep our website relevant, using more current web-technologies. Your help will give the folks that use our music the easiest ways to find exactly what they want for their videos, remixes and apps. Your help will give our listeners the best listening experience and musicians the best environment to create together.
- Patreon allows people who love ccMixter to support the website by making a monthly pledge.
- You can pledge as little or as much as you prefer- every single bit helps!
- You can change or cancel your pledge amount any time.
Who uses ccMixter?ccMixter is not only important to over 5,000 musicians around the world, but also to countless other creators. ccMixter music is legally used in thousands of YouTube and Vimeo videos, Soundcloud remixes, mobile apps and games.
All of our music (a cappellas, samples and mixes) uses Creative Commons licenses, which allow others to build upon and utilize our works, as long as they give us credit (and don't commercialize unless the license is CC BY).
Your Contribution Makes the Difference!We are so grateful for your help! With your support, ccMixter will:
- Continue to provide a positive home for thousands of musicians that collectively create together.
- Keep producing incredible music that can be safely used - by thousands of video makers, DJs, podcasters, developers, start-ups, and more.
- Keep working to educate about Creative Commons licenses, how they work, and how community can be built around open sharing.
- Share our music in even more ways: podcasts, playlists, albums, lyric-videos, and other curations.