Current Events Inquiryis creating independent research and writing
Select a membership level
About Current Events Inquiry
My previous blog posts can be found here and my Twitter account here. In the past I have made a number of scoops and revelations based on skimming public records.
A few examples:
A few examples:
- Fellow Twitter user @EMQuangle and I were the first to locate the personal website and manifesto of white supremacist mass murderer Dylann Roof using a historical reverse WhoIs search on domaintools.com.
- I was the first to point out the existence of a court filing alleging that an ex-CIA station chief was unfairly silenced in his grand jury testimony by the presiding judge as he was about to describe the US government's covert efforts in to send arms to anti-Gaddafi rebels in Libya. Fox News noticed the same filing and quoted it in an article they published a month later.
- I discovered a document on a federal contract web site that linked Monsanto and a shady Israeli firm with the production of White Phosphorus for the US military. Stories citing my blog post appeared on MintPressNews and SputnikNews two years later and subsequently went viral.
- I also was the first to discover, using a State Department cable released by Wikileaks, that the group behind the #StopKony campaign in 2012 had previously ratted out dissidents to the Ugandan government who later may have been tortured. This revelation was noted by mainstream sources a month later.
- I was among the first to note that FY 2011 was a record breaking year for the transfer of surplus military gear to police departments under a then-generally unknown federal program.
- I was the first to post about a Defense Department document which claimed that a Defense Intelligence Agency official in charge of Guantanamo Bay's interrogation section "believed that the only way to extract information from 'difficult' detainees was with more physical and psychological pain." My blog post was acknowledged by a Gawker post about the document made weeks later.