Over time the direction of the site has changed, to what it is now, a site offering both local and national news on items based on France, except for the occasional items that I have a passion on. I handpick specific articles that I find interesting and hopefully the readers do as well.
The objective is to build on the 1000 + visitors a day the site receives to serve a larger base, and to also try and include some guides on the different regions of France, Life in France and the financial aspects of living in France.
When I started out, I never thought that the site would grow like it has, and that it would be self funding from the placement of two or three adverts on the site from Google. Unfortunately, the income from Google is only a few dollars per month, which means that I have to keep funding this site myself, something that is increasingly more difficult each month.
With over 2500 posts and normally between 5 -10 posts per day, I need to find a more sustainable way to develop and continue this site in the right direction.
What I will use the money for
Any money I receive will be used for the following:
- Hosting. We need a robust enough hosting plan to support the highest spikes in traffic we ever get so we don't crash or run too slowly to spoil the enjoyment of the site for everyone.
- Subscribe to MailChimp. As the sunscribers grow, I would prefer to use a service like Mailchimp so I email posts out to the subscription list. This fee grows as the email list grows.
- Ongoing web development. It's a website, so there are always upsetting glitches coming out of nowhere and occasionally, we add a new site feature. I have no programming skills, so would need to pay someone for this.
- Facebook post "boosts". When we announce a new post on Facebook, this makes sure that the announcement gets onto 1/3 or 1/2 of our Facebook followers' News Feeds.
- One employee. We need someone to handle things like translation or redistribution requests, spam comment deletion, and a bunch of other little jobs. These things end up adding up to a few hours every day, and without this employee, I end up doing it all and have much less time to write posts.
- Me. At present I try and juggle doing posts between earning a living, so I would like to be in a position to be able to do this Full time, which means more quality posts per day as well as guides and possibly a forum could be created.
Anyway, thanks for any support you can offer if you decide to, and thanks for being a reader!