dead end jobs at outsourcing companies. We hope to build careers for people that lead to good paying jobs that can support and transform the lives of entire families.
- Teach technologies which are at the leading edge of Internet and software development.
- Give students the communication skills to be able to read, write and speak English at a level needed to work anywhere in the world.
- Provide students with the intellectual tools to think rationally, logically and analytically so that they can continue to learn throughout their careers.
- Provide free resources and infrastructure for any student or developer in Cambodia working on open source projects.
- Proactively educate the market about adopting these new technologies and create job opportunities for each an every student who graduates.
- Establish a internship and sabbatical program which will invite tech professionals from around the world to come to stay at Prek Leap for anywhere a couple of weeks to a couple of months to act as tutors, mentors and work with students on open source projects.
- Ensure that graduates continue to belong to a community of peers who will continue to support each other long after they graduate.
We hope to people discover what is possible, and provide them with the skills, support and infrastructure for them to make it possible.
Our initial goal over the next six months will be to develop the course material for a pilot program, and to expand our exiting cloud cluster to provide virtual machines, containerized processes and cloud storage for anyone who is a student or open source project.
All women face challenges in a male dominated IT industry. But Cambodian women have the added burdern of not only being expected to earn money to support their families, but to be the care givers and backbone of large extended families.
We believe that the international trend towards remote work holds the potential of creating flexible jobs that will allow women to meet the expectations and needs of their families as well as have a meaningful and rewarding professional career without having to choose one or the other.
All course material will be available online for free for personal study, or as a template for creating new educational programs anywhere in the world.
Chalkhall is proudly partnering with Prek Leap National College of Agriculture in Phnom Penh who will offer Chalkhall study programs as a bachelor of computer science degree. Chalkhall will design the curriculum, develop the course material and teach the classes. Prek Leap will provide classroom space, space for our cloud cluster and accreditation.
While the school is providing us with facilities, it is not providing us with salaries. At present there are only two of us working full time on the project with little to no funding. Funds raised on Patreon will go to providing a base salary for two people, and if we can reach our second goal, to expand the team to five people.