Chere Hughesis creating Fiction
Select a membership level
Don’t have much but still want to help? Thank you, seriously!
- I am in gratitude with my Flagstaff Life and Writer’s pics.
- BTW: while the patronage stays over $3K, you get to see more content!
And more than double the gratitude!
- You'll see not only the Flagstaff Life Writer’s pics,
- but also, my patron-only posts on writing, sketches, drawings, insider Author’s experience: inspiration as a fantasy writer
- BTW: while the patronage stays over $3K, you get to see the reference guide to the trilogy's world!
Welcome Fellow Traveler!
- In addition to all of the previous patron level rewards,
- Petite Essay’s and stories in Writing/Audio/Visual. Often, serial short stories.
*Please note: Some posts will be writing just for patrons
and other pieces need to be drafts so that I won't lose First Publication rights.
My drafts are clean.
Previews for Patrons: if published in their final form, it will be months or years later.
- BTW: while the patronage stays over $3K, you may download the flash stories!
Author writing Speculative Fiction | Fantasy Sci-Fi
Greetings! I am Chere Hughes. I have been writing for many years as an educator; and since 2002, writing fiction alongside my visual artwork.
My focus is writing fiction along with a bit of visual art (drawing & photography) that speaks to the stories. I find that a book is always writing within my head-space so I began to write in earnest my fantasy first trilogy. It is outlined and I am in the chapters of the first novel of the series. Here, I am writing flash stories and short stories for you as well.
I study esoterics and have been on the journey toward self-awareness most of my life. I love magicks and studying ancient occult (hidden) texts and philosophy. I get easily drawn in by fringe science and neuro-biology as well.
I would venture to say that my work is contemporary fantasy with a dab of sci-fi. The work is inspired by current culture, the human condition, magicks and the sciences. I utilize my life experiences that includes serving as a mortician.
I live in the small mountain town of Flagstaff, Arizona that hosts a Snow Bowl ski resort and Northern Arizona University. I love the diversity (absolutely love people,) the music, art & food culture, the snow (lots of snow,) the consistently whispering pines (also the scent,) the enormous ravens (huge birds - talk about setting) and the dynamic nature of change that ebbs and flows here.
Why I am looking to connect with Patrons here on Patreon?
- Patronage allows me to connect with readers, one of my favorites things about writing.
- I have the
opportunity to write short stories, side stories, share trunk stories, essays, and more for you here
and of course, share my journey welcoming your feedback as each novel unfolds.
- My writing reflects the people I meet, the current human condition and experiences in life, your patronage allows me to step out of my quiet writing space and absorb and connect with the world around me.
A precious commodity indeed.
I am dedicated to writing as a business and being a productive creative.
This is what I want to accomplish:
- Finish the trilogy
- Write more short stories and essays
- Write side-stories about my fantasy works
- And once the the trilogy is complete, get started on my next project, for which I have written a ‘proof of concept’ story for this seven book series.
- Include drawings and other creative artworks that support the stories I write.
- Very important to me, I’d like to commit to providing something special and unique for my patrons here.
- I am a visual artist as well. Patronage allows me to create visual artwork for the novels and stories here along with writing specially for you.
- And most importantly for me. I get to connect with my readers daily. This is an integral part of what I do as a creative. Our connection is genuine with time passing where you as patron truly get to know the work I do: the writer along with the writing as I get to know you.
As a creative, with unassuming gratitude… if it's time for you to come aboard, Let’s Begin!
$74 of $3,000 per month
1 of 1
I continue to develop ideas to create more content for you. When we reach this goal, more creative content, writing and artwork, will come your way. I'm also considering some creative videos to illustrate the stories and live author's readings.
Become a patron to
Unlock 175 exclusive posts
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Chere Hughes
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method