We both love a good story and we've seen how much stories can influence people's lives, inspire them to something greater, and change the world for the better.
One of our favorite pastimes, one of our strengths, and one of the things that lights a fire in our souls, is writing.
Mandy majored in theatrical writing in college (and Jonathan aced his writing classes... but chose something practical like engineering).
SO, one of our dreams as a couple has always been to write stories together.
Mandy and Jonathan are on a mission to create a Positopian world both here and in the fictional world.
What does that mean?Positopian is a paradigm, an ideal, a lifestyle. It's somewhere in between a utopian and dystopian outlook filled with hope, optimism and positivity.
We want to provide positive fiction, resources & insights to the world!
Some wisdom from Arthur C. Clarke: "The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible."
How are we doing this?
- We’re currently writing a positive science fiction novel (involving time travel mixed with other cool things like self help). We are SO excited to bring this story into the world! We want it to be the BEST story possible because, hey, you deserve that!
- We want to seek out and explore the BEST positive resources out there to send to all of you through our bi-weekly newsletter, The Positopian. We curate tons of content, and search the internet to bring you the best articles, resources, and findings.
- We love creating positive videos and music that build a Positopian world.
- We are writing fun, insightful non-fiction & fiction articles on Medium. We dedicate several hours a week to this, making sure you can read quality content from us.
What are you supporting?Our current goal is $500 with a stretch goal of $3,000 for creating our Positopian world.
UsWe want to write the best stories possible. This takes a lot of time and resources. We believe in our Positopian world so much that we try to dedicate all our time possible toward writing Positopian resources and stories.
Each month we spend 200+ hours writing and crafting our Positopian resources and fiction world into existence.
We really want to be able to give our newsletter and stories all the energy, vitality, and love they deserve but due to our expenses, that can be challenging.
We would love to write for a very long time and be able to support ourselves through our Positopian writings!
RentWe found our dream townhouse. We’ve been saving up for ages to finally move from renting to owning! We pooled our savings to buy a cute little townhouse - but now our mortgage is $3,000 a month (thanks Los Angeles!) and we are exhausted trying to comfortably pay this every month.
We do everything as a couple, so you would be helping us out enormously to lift our worries and this financial burden, giving us the time and resources to focus all our energy toward building the Positopian world.
ResourcesIn addition, you would also be helping us to maintain and pay for our computers, programs like Photoshop, and food for our tummies!
What do you get?Think of Patreon as Kickstarter, only instead of supporting a single project once, you're supporting a body of work and a community on an ongoing monthly basis. In return, we create things to help you find more positivity in your day and escape into worlds that make you a better person.
Your support (and even $3 a month makes a huge difference) lets us continue to work full-time on building a Positopian world.
Here are some special rewards that only Patrons get. Rewards vary depending on tier. We give you the option to choose each month what you would like!
- Personalized positive sci-fi short stories or nerdy songs each month. These are more personal and in-depth than our other stories.
- Access to exclusive notes and videos. We'll send out personal video messages answering any questions you have or just to say Hi! and provide access to our private notes (that we're not comfortable showing to everyone!).
- You can make digital fanart requests of any character of your choosing and Mandy will work her magic!
- Some scheduled face-to-face time via monthly video calls where we can dig deep into your goals and aspirations or just chat about nothing at all.
Also, as the best reward of all, you get the gift of our eternal gratitude :-D
You can change your Patreon membership level at any time. What's important to us is that you're here, reading and loving stories and helping us to make them!
A community of readers and world-changers: that community is what we share these stories for!
Sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter The Positopian and “Chews” Joy in life :)