My name is Collin Searls and I'm a storyteller that works in animation! I publish most of my animations under the name "Yossi Productions" and while most of my work so far consists of skits and jokes, I plan to create content in both the comedic and dramatic genres!
My Patreon is, for now, meant to just be a way to donate to me to help out with my animated projects. I'll be writing a couple blog posts talking about what I've been working on and thinking about to show my progress. ALL donations will be used solely for the animation projects (for things like Adobe, music, etc.). My animations, blog entries, and behind the scenes stuff are free for all to see, though I may look into special rewards and incentives in the future. For now, as a way to thank those who do decide to donate, patrons will receive shoutouts and special thanks in the credits as well as sneak peeks at upcoming projects!*
*Rewards and prices are subject to change.
The donation will be per animation (as opposed to per month) meaning, if you decide to donate, you'll only be charged for each finished animation I post (instead of being charged for a month that may not even have an animation released in it). If enough people believe I should charge per month, I will consider switching it over, provided they let me know.
Thank you for checking out my work! Become a patron today!
-DEMO REEL COMING SOON-
- What will I be charged for?
- You will only be charged for full, finished animations. You will NOT be charged for blog posts, behind the scenes posts, animation tests, etc.. Only finished work.
- What will you use the money for?
- I use Adobe to create some parts of my animations, and that is a monthly payment (about $30 per month for the programs I use), so it'll go to that first. What's left will go to making the animations better, such as paying for extra features I may want to use, paying for someone to compose an original soundtrack, and I'd eventually like to pay the voice actors that do work for my animations.
- Why do I have to pay to see sneak peek stuff?
- To be honest, I don't want just anyone seeing what I'm working on too far ahead of time. I worry about disappointing people if they don't work out and I worry about the possibility of someone stealing my ideas (yes, I'm a bit paranoid). I needed a way to thank those who donate a good amount of money, and I thought that was something I'd possibly be willing to offer as a thank you. I may decide to change that later, but we'll just see how things go.
- What do you mean "rewards and prices are subject to change"?
- Patreon is a new thing for me, and I'm still seeing how it goes. If I become more popular and make more of a name for myself, I may want to make some rewards more exclusive (like the Executive Producer credit thing). I'll provide notice to everyone before I change anything.
- Why pay per project instead of per month?
- I, unfortunately, cannot yet devote too much time to my personal animations (job, errands, life and whatnot) and there may be times where I'm not able to release an animation for a month. I don't want people to feel like they're paying me for nothing. If a good majority of my patrons say they're willing to pay per month, then I'll consider changing it, but in the meantime I don't want anyone to feel like I'm just taking money from them for nothing.
- Why aren't there more rewards?
- This is all new to me, and I'm still figuring out how this is all going to work out for me. I'm not sure what I can offer yet, especially since I don't have too much time for things and am not famous enough to provide value from things like autographs or personal things. As time goes on I may come up with more rewards and more ways to thank those who become patrons. For the time being I can send you an autograph, if you'd like.