Commune Life is creating stories about living together
14

patrons

$109
per month
The Federation of Egalitarian Communities is a network of humans unified by the concept of sharing. We believe that by sharing our lives together, by sharing our space, our incomes, our emotions, we can create more robust and fulfilling lives for each other.

Patreon is the perfect fit for our kind of livelihood, for lives founded on sharing. We’ve been pooling our resources for over 50 years, and it’s lovely to see that the internet is finally catching up! Inside the FEC, we’ve built an economy that relies on human relationships more than product sales, and we’re bringing that same mentality to this Patreon page.

We’re documenting life inside of this network of communities we call home. Our goal for each video is to convey to the world in just a little bit more detail what living in an intentional community can be like. By becoming our patron, you’re not just helping us make new videos, you’re supporting the entire communities movement.

Thank you for your generous support!
Tiers
Lunar Gratitude!
$1 or more per month 3 patrons
The tier of moonful thanks!                      Each month, on the full moon, you will receive a special gratitude email in your inbox. 
Credit Crafter!
$2 or more per month 5 patrons
The tier of name promulgation!            Your name will be animated during the end credits of each video. Your name will also be featured as a patron at the end of our blog posts. 
Musical Accompaniment!
$5 or more per month 1 patron
The tier of melodious messages!                                                Each month, on the full moon, you will receive a download link to one of the songs featured in our videos. Each song is written and performed by  Commune Life composer Sam Friedman. 60% of the funds from this tier go to Sam directly, and the remaining 40% go to other Commune Life creators.  
Seed Saver!
$10 or more per month 1 patron
The tier of plant embryos!                Four times a year, on each solstice and equinox,  you will receive a seasonally appropriate  collection of hand picked seed packets from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. Seeds will be chosen to suite your climate and growing needs. SESE is the collectively owned business of Acorn Community. They specialize in saving organic and heirloom variety seeds and they catalog thousands of varieties of rare vegetables. Approximately 50% of the funds from this tier go to SESE directly (depending on seed costs) and the remaining 50% go to Commune Life creators. 
Nut Butter Delight!
$15 or more per month 2 patrons
The tier of endosperm goodness!                               Once a season, every three months, you will receive three jars of East Wind nut butter. These butters are overstock from the East Wind retail business, and are hand packed with custom labels by the communards at East Brook Farm. 
Farmstead goodies!
$20 or more per month 1 patron
The tier of homestead treats!             Four times a year, on each solstice and equinox, you will receive a care package consisting of hand crafted treats from East Brook Community Farm. The contents of each box will vary, and will contain a collection of handmade ferments, jellies and jams, kombucha, dried fruit, and wild-crafted skin creams.  Think of it as a kind of shelf stable CSA. Approximately 50% of the funds from this tier go to East Brook Community Farm directly (depending on ingredient costs) and the remaining 50% go to Commune Life creators.  
Everything!
$50 or more per month 0 patrons
The tier of abundance!                Four times a year, on each Solstice and Equinox, you will receive a care package consisting of all the goodies from all the tiers. You'll get three seed packets from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, three jars of East Wind peanut butter, and lots of treats from East Brook Farm.
Goals
14 of 25 patrons
25 humans is the difference between an empty room and a lively conversation. When we reach 25 people who are excited to commit to funding us each month, this project will be stable enough to continue indefinitly. 

25 people is a solid audience! We'll be able to communicate with you, and with your input we will figure out what the best way is to continue to convey what life in community is like.
1 of 3
The Federation of Egalitarian Communities is a network of humans unified by the concept of sharing. We believe that by sharing our lives together, by sharing our space, our incomes, our emotions, we can create more robust and fulfilling lives for each other.

Patreon is the perfect fit for our kind of livelihood, for lives founded on sharing. We’ve been pooling our resources for over 50 years, and it’s lovely to see that the internet is finally catching up! Inside the FEC, we’ve built an economy that relies on human relationships more than product sales, and we’re bringing that same mentality to this Patreon page.

We’re documenting life inside of this network of communities we call home. Our goal for each video is to convey to the world in just a little bit more detail what living in an intentional community can be like. By becoming our patron, you’re not just helping us make new videos, you’re supporting the entire communities movement.

Thank you for your generous support!

Recent posts by Commune Life

Tiers
Lunar Gratitude!
$1 or more per month 3 patrons
The tier of moonful thanks!                      Each month, on the full moon, you will receive a special gratitude email in your inbox. 
Credit Crafter!
$2 or more per month 5 patrons
The tier of name promulgation!            Your name will be animated during the end credits of each video. Your name will also be featured as a patron at the end of our blog posts. 
Musical Accompaniment!
$5 or more per month 1 patron
The tier of melodious messages!                                                Each month, on the full moon, you will receive a download link to one of the songs featured in our videos. Each song is written and performed by  Commune Life composer Sam Friedman. 60% of the funds from this tier go to Sam directly, and the remaining 40% go to other Commune Life creators.  
Seed Saver!
$10 or more per month 1 patron
The tier of plant embryos!                Four times a year, on each solstice and equinox,  you will receive a seasonally appropriate  collection of hand picked seed packets from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. Seeds will be chosen to suite your climate and growing needs. SESE is the collectively owned business of Acorn Community. They specialize in saving organic and heirloom variety seeds and they catalog thousands of varieties of rare vegetables. Approximately 50% of the funds from this tier go to SESE directly (depending on seed costs) and the remaining 50% go to Commune Life creators. 
Nut Butter Delight!
$15 or more per month 2 patrons
The tier of endosperm goodness!                               Once a season, every three months, you will receive three jars of East Wind nut butter. These butters are overstock from the East Wind retail business, and are hand packed with custom labels by the communards at East Brook Farm. 
Farmstead goodies!
$20 or more per month 1 patron
The tier of homestead treats!             Four times a year, on each solstice and equinox, you will receive a care package consisting of hand crafted treats from East Brook Community Farm. The contents of each box will vary, and will contain a collection of handmade ferments, jellies and jams, kombucha, dried fruit, and wild-crafted skin creams.  Think of it as a kind of shelf stable CSA. Approximately 50% of the funds from this tier go to East Brook Community Farm directly (depending on ingredient costs) and the remaining 50% go to Commune Life creators.  
Everything!
$50 or more per month 0 patrons
The tier of abundance!                Four times a year, on each Solstice and Equinox, you will receive a care package consisting of all the goodies from all the tiers. You'll get three seed packets from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, three jars of East Wind peanut butter, and lots of treats from East Brook Farm.