So, You Are A Composer. What Kind of Music Do You Write?
I have written music for a wide range of ensembles and musicians. Everything from young concert band through professional symphony orchestra, for middle school students through adults. My goal with my writing is to create music that both casual and seasoned listeners can find interesting and enjoyable. People who like my music say that they can hear influences of:
- Film music
So Why Should I Be A Patron?
You should only become a patron of my music if you are a fan of my music! I want to get my music "out there," as many of my supporters have been telling me for years! The best way to get my music "out there" is through recordings and concerts. Patrons will help in financially supporting the costs of hiring performers, recording costs, sheet music production, conference exhibition fees, etc.
What Makes You Unique?
Well, I'm a regular guy! While I love classical music, going to museums, reading and supporting local arts, I also love watching (and arguing) football, baseball, hockey; and cheering on my favorite teams in the process! (Bears, Cubs and Blackhawks, from my Chicago roots) I think this balance of "artist - normal guy" really comes out in my music: you can hear the classical training, but you also can hear that I have listened to jazz, pop, soundtracks and folk music. I have tried to digest all of these influences from my background, and reproduce something new. At the same time, I want my music to be challenging and interesting, but not elitist. I want to invite lots of people around the table, so to speak, and join together in sharing a musical experience.
So What Do I Get As A Patron?
There are four (4) levels of patrons with the following "rewards":
- Level 1 - $2/month
- For pledging this amount, I will shout your name from the rooftops with gratitude! And by rooftops, I mean Facebook and Twitter. Think of them as E-Rooftops!
- Level 2 - $5/month
- This amount includes the Facebook and Twitter thank you, as well as access to the Patron Only Feed! Any new posts I make will be accessible to this level of patron and higher. All the juicy nuggets of info will be yours before they are made known to the world!
- Level 3 - $10/month
- Including the $2 and $5 rewards, this level gets you special access to behind the scenes videos and pictures, so you get a sneak peak of the music-making process! Whether it's new ideas I'm working on, quick video of a rehearsal, brief interview with a performer, whatever; you will have special insight! Try to contain your excitement!!!
- Level 4 -$20/month
- This level includes the previous level rewards, and also gets you access to a monthly Google hangout! Once a month we'll chat about life, baseball, music, books, Da Bearsss...whatever! I see this as my opportunity to get to know you better.
- Level 5 - $50/month
- In addition to the previous level rewards, you will receive a complimentary copy of every recording made, along with your name listed as an "Executive Producer" in the CD jacket.
Before I Decide To Become a Patron, How Can I Hear Your Music?
You can visit my personal website, where you can learn more about me, my music, and hear recordings of most of my music. You can also check out my YouTube Channel, follow me on Twitter or Facebook, or shoot me an E-mail (spammers will be blocked!!!).
Thank you so much!!! Have a blessed day!!!