What is Conosaurus?
Conosaurus is a resource that helps independent creators and fans manage their convention schedules. We know there are quite a few convention databases already in existence, but we're building Conosaurus to be as useful to exhibitors as possible... and most importantly, we're keeping it free to use!
The website was created by cartoonist Stephanie Zuppo and developer John Wojtkielewicz.
Currently, Conosaurus is focused on indie and mainstream comic conventions, zine fairs, and independent publishing festivals. We might expand to other convention types in the future if there's a demand for it. This is just the beginning!
What features does Conosaurus have?
Here are some of our current features:
- A searchable database of convention information, including location, date, type, website and social media links, exhibitor costs, attendance records, disability friendliness, and much more
- The database includes US and Canadian conventions ...but will grow to include international conventions at some point!
- The ability to subscribe to conventions to receive update notifications by email
- The ability to view data for past years of a convention, if available
Here are some features that will be implemented in the future:
- A social forum for each convention page
- Notifications and updates on "followed" conventions through the website
- User profiles for creators and attendees
We will also be maintaining a blog and newsletter which will contain:
- A weekly summary of convention news pulled from our database - including upcoming conventions, open exhibitor applications, volunteer requests, awards, and more - Sign up for it here.
- Articles and interviews by seasoned convention exhibitors, organizers, and members of our community (coming soon)
Why should I become a Patron?
Building a website like this can be costly -- even in the beginning. Since we began develoment in 2015, we've paid for server space, our domain name, copy editing, data entry, and illustrations (such as our logo and assets by the wonderful Kazmir Lee!) Now that the website is live, we have more reoccurring costs to keep the site running.
If you're not ready to contribute but are interested in the project, please follow us here on Patreon or sign up for our newsletter for developer notes, articles and interviews about convention planning from other creators, convention news, and Conosaurus Updates.
Will Patrons have any influence on the development of Conosaurus?
Yes! Patrons at the $5 level and up will be the first to know about new and upcoming features. We'll be asking for your input occasionally.
Please keep in mind that new features might be few and far in-between at times, but you would be helping us with the costs of developing and running Conosaurus, and keeping the site free for our users. You can cancel or change your pledge at any time!