Cosmetic Sanctuary went live on December 31st of 2011 as a hobby that we were passionate about. We grew rapidly since then gaining so much support from our fans and readers. When we are not at our day jobs (Most of the time even then) swatches, writing, testing, interacting and so much more is being done. Cosmetic Sanctuary is no longer just a hobby, but a full-time job in and of itself.
One thing we promised ourselves was that we were not going to fill our website with intrusive ads all over the place. We have kept it simple and clean having ads out of the way on the side bar of our site.
1) We want to go on for a long time. We love doing what we do and are so excited to see that our readers do as well.
2) We want to continue the growth. Our goal is to have Cosmetic Sanctuary be self-sustaining. Ads are the most common way to accomplish this. Ads are annoying and hurt the user experience. We have ideas on how to accomplish the same goal but without the annoyance.
What we plan on doing with Patreon donations
- Hosting - We want to make sure we continue to be able to handle spikes of traffic when new products are being released and not pulling our hair out if our website crashes.
- Ongoing Web Development - We have many features in mind when it comes to the website and want to continue developing these. Updating keeps the website fresh and fun.
- Advertising - We would like to make more use of the boost features on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter) to make sure our posts reaches our audience.
- Supplies & Ourselves - Extra cash helps us live. We spend a lot on supplies and products to get reviews and swatches done as soon as we can. Something extra will help cover these costs.