We're returning to Patreon with a view to sustaining and growing this thing we've made. If you're up for contributing a dollar or two per episode, we'll put it into a fund that we'll use to cover various expenses, compensate contributors for their time, purchase new equipment, and establish spinoff projects - like our Dark Souls II video series or Dishonored 2 deep-dive.
In particular, we'd love to put this money towards hosting cool guests on the podcast and covering their expenses. As everyone's life circumstances have changed, getting three or four people in a room to record has become more of a challenge. In some cases the reasons for this are obvious: new jobs in other countries will do that. However all of our lives have shifted in ways that change the value of our time.
Hosting more guests would be great because it allows us to bring new viewpoints and areas of expertise to the show and give regular podcasters a break. This is one of the ways that your money will help us make Crate & Crowbar better.
More broadly, we're excited to expand the range of subjects we cover. While you can expect that Crate & Crowbar will continue to be primarily a podcast about PC games (plus tangents), the community around the podcast and its creators both have diverse interests. We're excited to include tabletop gaming, roleplaying, pop culture, TV and film in the range of things that we talk about.
If you have any questions about how the Patreon works, there's a channel dedicated to just that on our Discord server. That's also where you'll find our awesome community. Otherwise, you can find our contact details here.
How it works:
- We release one new episode of the main podcast every Friday.
- Whatever you pledge per episode gets totted up every month and sent to us.
- You can cancel your pledge at any time during the month, and you won't be charged at the end of the month.
- If we miss a week, you won't get charged.
- You won't be charged for any bonus episodes, videos, or even new podcasts that we launch. It'll all be funded by support for the main Crate & Crowbar podcast.