Whether you're just starting out in the game design hobby or you're a professional looking for some handy tips, you're bound to learn something new in this class.
We'll start with laying out a deck of playing cards then gradually move on to complex CCG layouts. In the process, you'll learn how to dissect the cards from your favorite game to find out how you can make your own cards like the professionals.
As a creative director in advertising and graphic designer in the tabletop game industry for ten years, I've learned all sorts of tricks that I'm ready to share with you.
We cover important aspects of card design including:
- Breaking down a card design into easy-to-understand blocks.
- Free resources for prototype iconography and art.
- Using InDesign's DataMerge to make revising cards a snap.
- Formatting files for print-on-demand.
- Readymade photoshop actions to make your card layouts easy.