Dave Birnbaumis creating INIT Podcast
There’s a revolution underway – a quiet revolution of the senses.
Technology is shifting from engaging just your eyes and ears to engaging your entire body. Embodied media and next-generation wireless networks, sometimes collectively called the Tactile Internet, will shift the fundamental relationship between humans and the technologies we invent. The transition of cyberspace from being virtual to being a physical place you can visit with all your senses is the biggest deal since... maybe since ever. Let's talk about it!
INIT is a different type of tech podcast. We get geeky, but we keep track of the human story. More than anything, INIT is about people – the people behind the tech, why they do what they do, and their vision of the future. We've all heard the adage, "the best way to predict the future is to invent it." INIT brings you conversations with the inventors of our collective future.
Who should listen to INIT?
- If you’re a designer, maker, or developer, you'll learn how to make cool new experiences using new embodied technologies and immersive interfaces.
- If you’re an artist, you might get inspired to use these new ideas to play with reality.
- If you’re a student, you'll learn from others how you can build a career in immersive technology.
- If you’re just curious about the future, you'll learn how immersive technology will impact all our lives in the coming decades.
- No matter why you’re here, listening to INIT means you’re on the forefront of an emerging digital culture. I’m excited to be on this journey with you – we're all INIT together!
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method