Darkly Dawn Kurtagichis creating creepy stories, art and uncanny experiences
Select a membership level
At this tier, you get access to the monthly miscellany! Things I've loved, craft tips, advice on world-building, querying, inside sneak peaks of my books, a peak into how I set my novels, rants about my obsessions, my thoughts and my soul..... It will be cool!
- All previous tier rewards
- Access to the miscellany
About Darkly Dawn Kurtagich
I'm Dawn Kurtagich award-winning author of THE DEAD HOUSE, AND THE TREES CREPT IN, TEETH IN THE MIST, and NAIDA,YA novels of a creepy and psychologically mysterious bent.
Back in 2012, I had a liver transplant for an unknown liver disease and it has made life a little but more challenging. While I want to create and write as much as possible, sometimes I need a little extra help, and I find that my bookish community is exactly where I want to live and breathe. Stories have the power to bring us together, change lives, heal old wounds, fall in love and so much more, and this is where I want to explore those elements. Writing horror is my passion whether psychological, gothic, slasher, mystery, cozy, supernatural—all of the sub genres within horror tickle a deep need in me to explore the shadows. What might be around the next bend?
Writing horror takes skill. It requires craft, patience, an understanding of human nature, history, psychology and so much more. I want to share the tips and tricks I have for writing truly amazing horror that engages audiences and leaves them affected. I want to share this process and this passion.
Some of the stories or story-adjacent things you can expect from me include but are not limited to:
- Extra details about all of my books, whether that is maps, artwork, extracts, advice, anecdotes and more
- Deleted scenes -- things that didn't quite fit, or that got taken out, or vastly rewritten
- Annotated scenes -- there is a lot more to my books than meets the eye. Let me show you.
- Fanfic about my own characters (yes, I'm allowed, and so are you!)
- Sneak peeks of upcoming books
- Videos about craft, subjects that have been the object of my obsession and more
- Creepy facts and stories from around my brain and the world
- So much more
I hope you'll stay and join the family—er, the Coven. The very creepy coven! ;)