Days of Dawn is an original roleplaying-game with a unique magic system based on emotions, a complex, living world and beautiful artwork.
It is heavily inspired by early jRPGs like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana and tries to bring back the flair and feeling of these games.
Talking to Dawn (concept art)As shepherd Caril is trying to protect a fleeing girl from mysterious persecutors, he comes to witness unbelievable powers emerging from the woman, repelling her pursuers.
Caril at his mother's farm (actual ingame-screenshot)On the run Caril learns that this girl, named Dawn, has been experiencing these powers for many years now, unable to control them in times of emotional stress. As they approach a nearby town, the two will soon learn that Dawn is not the only one …
Huntress Vaithee, one of the games accompanying player-characters
- Explore an open world full of mysteries and adventure in multiple nonlinear storylines
- Experience a unique magic system with an emotional approach in a world whose magical forces just awakened
- During your journeys, have three companions out of a range of seven complex player characters join your party
- Engage in incredibly fast and intuitive turn-based battles
- Join in-group interactions and social involvement among your party members
- Encounter original characters and creatures in beautifully handpainted scenery and a fantastic musical score
- Basic version to be developed in English
(additional languages made available by stretchgoals, send us your requests)
- Will be available for PC, Mac and Linux. Later conversion to Android and iOS possible.
In a world, whose magic just came alive, magic is experienced as an alien force of unknown nature, evoked by emotional outbursts. Without scientific research of these mysterious forces, there's no spells to chose from or tomes to study.
Those gifted with these powers can unleash them in times of danger or need, yet unable to control the exact nature of the effects they evoke; instead, the character's nature and the current situation influence the effect called. Only as they advance on their quest, will they start to learn to handle these forces and gain the ability to choose an emotion to channel into magic and, later on, a specific effect to cause.
The game's seven emotional traitsWith two additional traits – emotional control and emotional strength – and seven feelings of differing intensity, not only do your characters' personalities influence the outcome of magic usage, but also the experiences and encounters they make during their journey.
What are you going to get?
Besides making this wonderful game come true, you will also get access to Days of Dawn's forum and, starting with the $5 support, a download key for the completed game, once it's done. If your support is even stronger, you can get beta- and alpha-access and, last but not least, access to the game's internal wiki with all the confidential behind-the-scenes content.
You will also get regular updates about the process of the development, probably even some tuttorials or how-tos about coding, pixel-art and game-development in general. You will, to sum it up, be able to take part in the development process.