- Subsidise classes to allow me to run classes at a reduced cost
- Assist with the purchase of consumables
- Assist with time off my day job to share my knowledge, skill and passion through classes and on Youtube.
- Introduce some of the ideas and techniques by way of therapeutic art into Aged Care facilities, hospital wards and psychiatric facilties to assist in diverting people away from their situation, their immediate environment, their illness and pain. Enabling them to create with no rules.
- Working with the above mentioned facilities to train staff in the varying techniques so that a meaningful and continual therapeutic art program can continue.
Depending upon your pledge amount as listed to the right of this page, your rewards range from the following:
- Access to live feeds
- Behind the scenes
- Real time of us at work in the studio
- Tips and handy hints
- Videos not on youtube
- Go into the draw for monthly Giveaways
- Tutorials only available to Patrons
- Closed patron only gallery (post your artwork with the option to sell it via our public online shop at a reduced commission rate – we retain 10% commission from your sale.)
- Opportunity to participate in polls
- Opportunity to purchase pieces at a discounted rate.
- Opportunity to suggest themes, or content of future of videos.
- Your name credited in all videos for the pledged month.
Painting / Drawing: Oils, Acrylics, Water colour, pencil, charcoal, watercolour pencils, oil pastel
Wearable art: wool, felt, fabric, fur felt, silk, sinamay, parasisal straw, jinsin, acrylic skins,
resin art, feathers, beads, wire
Sculpture: wood, steel, Aluminium
You will see me use all of these in videos, posted in blogs, discuss during the monthly Q & A and in general posts.
The importance of being creative was amplified for me when one of my gorgeous daughters sustained a brain injury and found comfort and release by way of her art and creativity. My daughter has been able to tap into a skill that we did not know she possessed and it has made her recovery nothing short of amazing and inspirational. Two of my daughters have now started their own creative wearable, urban street culture wear label, all are unique designs and artwork by them.
I too have found comfort and healing in my creative pursuits after suffering a mild stroke, I returned back to teaching after 5 months of recovery and am producing my best ever work with a new attitude, enthusiasm and thankfulness. I have witnessed through my years of Nursing and diversional therapy the immense enjoyment, pleasure and healing by introducing and nurturing visual arts in our health / care facilities and am determined to ensure that people are offered this type of therapy as part of their holistic care.