I am a cognitive psychotherapist, trainer, and writer. I'm also an e-learning entrepreneur. In recent years I've been travelling a bit and most of my time is now focused on writing books and e-learning courses on Stoicism and personal development psychology.
Recently, I've been working on a revised and improved version of How to Think Like a Roman Emperor, my course on the life and Stoicism of Marcus Aurelius and producing free resources on Stoicism like the new Stoic Therapy Toolkit (PDF) with beautiful imagery by my graphic designer Rocio de Torres.
My work has often featured in the media of different countries, including a recent article on the front cover of the Toronto Globe and Mail.
PublicationsI'm the author of five books and many articles on philosophy, psychotherapy, and psychological skills training.
- Stoicism and the Art of Happiness (2013), part of Hodder’s Teach Yourself series
- Build your Resilience (2012), part of Hodder’s Teach Yourself series
- The Practice of Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy: A Manual for Evidence-Based Clinical Hypnosis (2012)
- The Philosophy of CBT: Stoic Philosophy as Rational and Cognitive Psychotherapy (2010)
- The Discovery of Hypnosis: The Complete Writings of James Braid (2008)