Douglas Cleggis creating Fiction
Select a membership level
A Tip Jar of the Spirits! Thank you for your support. You'll get access to the patrons-only posts, plus some other special tidbit or other extra I'll figure out in the future. Thanks for the tip! Want the new story? Check out the Night Crawler's tier for a couple of bucks more.
Night Crawlers get a never-before-published story as a digital ebook (for Kindle,ePub, or PDF) before it's published elsewhere. Plus my gratitude for your support! Want an audio recording of this? Go check out the Harrow Haunters tier.
Undead Poet's Society
Undead Poet's Society members get all the benefits of Night Crawlers plus serial fiction. First one up is a short horror novel in verse called The Mermaid Cage. Verse? I think you'll love it. Try a few episodes out and see. After The Mermaid Cage, we'll figure out what's next. You can help vote on the choices.
About Douglas Clegg
You love dark, gothic, supernatural, twisted, psychological horror and suspense fiction.
I love writing it and I'd like you to come along with me.
Welcome! I'm Douglas Clegg, writer, novelist, creator and here are my credentials and ambition for this Patreon membership:
- Published by several major publishers in NY in the past but now indie or maybe hybrid author, run my own press out of the home, have 28 projects near-completion from working on them for several years.
- More than 35 novels and collections published. Some of my fiction has won awards (Bram Stoker Award, International Horror Guild Award, etc.). Check out DouglasClegg.com/books for more information on that.
- I'm here to write new stories and serialize fiction-in-progress and record audio of the short fiction and create a community with you.
I believe in the patronage model as a great way for constant readers and serious fans to access fiction early from writers whose work they enjoy. I'm honored and appreciative that you'd consider becoming a member here. Thank you.
Patreon allows me creative freedom, interactions with you and vice-versa, and a way to create short-term exclusivity for true fans and constant readers with my new short stories and novellas while keeping the pricing reasonably sane for both of us.
- My goal is to deliver new short fiction once per month at the most, at least a month or more before it's available anywhere else.
- You will only be charged your tier amount if and when I've delivered the story to the Night Crawlers tier. Per story, not per month.
- My promise: I will bring you my best.
- Where your money goes: toward the time and resources to keep writing and publishing novels and short stories. Maybe some tea now and then. With a huge thanks from me,
- Benefits to you: New stories; early access; FUN; exclusive content (serialized early access, audio readings, etc.), and, I hope, a terrific community online.
- Access to the patron-only community posts and feed. Come hang out, tell me what you think, what you want, what you really, really want. Show me your pets, your gardens, the books you love, your craft, your interest. I want to know the people who are reading my stories.
- Be first to read my short stories. I'll even show you my desk when it's messy, and also now there's the new serialized fiction tier called Undead Poet's Society. Try it out for a bit and see if it's for you.
Here are the covers of upcoming stories to entice you:
Thank you for your support of the creation of my fiction.
57 of 150 patrons
1 of 3
I'll figure out some proper way to celebrate if we hit 150 new members of our community. Something special, something extra.
Become a patron to
Unlock 19 exclusive posts
Connect via private message
Recent posts by Douglas Clegg
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method