The Mad Doctorsis creating 18+ Art, Stories, and Games
Select a membership level
- Early Access to the final version of each episode (for one week before public release)
- Access to Patreon Role on the Discord server
- Access to the big-watermark-less commissions from the $25+ tiers.
- Voting in polls to select new posters and merchandise.
- Regular updates on development of the game and access to most of the Patron Backer devstreams on picarto.tv.
- A huge heartfelt Thank You!
Includes Discord benefits
- Previous Tier
- Access to the beta version of each episode
- Your name listed in the Credits & Thanks section of the website (website will be updated monthly).
- A weekly Crewman (and above) exclusive image.
- Access to the Fantasy Project devstream each month.
- Access to the periodic Starship Inanna Tabletop RPG Online games.
Includes Discord benefits
- Previous Tiers
- Your name will be in the credits in game.
- Access to the Alpha versions of each episode.
- Access to Patreon Ensign Role on Discord
- Access to Patreon only gallery in the Scene Gallery with non-cannon scenes, tests, fantasy artwork, and other such things.
- Access to the Starship Inanna Universe short story anthology (as it comes out)
- Timed Excluisve access to animation tests
- One exclusive 4k image a month
Includes Discord benefits
Thanks for your interest in The Mad Doctors. Below you can find answers to some common questions.
What projects/art are you working on?
There's two game projects currently going on. Starship Inanna and an Untitled Fantasy Interactive Fiction. Starship Inanna is the main project and takes up around 97% of our time. The Untitled Fantasy Interactive fiction is, right now, only worked on during one devstream a month.
There's a bunch of commissions posted each month. There's a Tabletop RPG based on Starship Inanna being worked on that has begun pre-alpha playtesting, but is not due out for some time. There's also some short stories set in the Starship Inanna universe, but release will be sporadic. ('Starship Inanna: Home Front - Story 1: Message In A Bottle' is available here: Message In A Bottle more coming soon)
What is the Starship Inanna game (not the tabletop or the short stories)?
Starship Inanna is a visual novel game being developed in the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine. At it's core it is a Choose Your Own Adventure style story set in a sci-fi universe akin to Star Trek or Mass Effect.
You take on the role of a Commander of the Titan Empire, who has just been assigned as second in command of the ISS Inanna under Captain Alexandra Zal. The crew of the ship is comprised of select races of the Empire which the player will be able to interact with and have relationships with (that means plenty of sex (if you want it)). There is much to discover as the Inanna begins her adventure to unknown parts of the galaxy. As Commander you will be sent on missions to different planets where you will encounter new cultures and civilizations. You will run across slavers, enemy races, omnipotent beings, and more. The choices you make as the story unfolds will have consequences, some subtle and short term, others may take much longer to play out.
These are the current episodes:
How much are the final versions going to be?
All of our games will be freely available, however certain (non plot) related sex scenes will be time-locked to Patreon Backers, as will the Patreon Exclusive Gallery. The main game and anything tied to the main characters is freely available.
How long is Starship Inanna?
The game is going to be under continuous development so there's no real way to tell how long it will be when it's finally done, episodes will be of varying length with some longer and some shorter. Currently the first 8 episodes takes a few hours, more if you want to replay to unlock different scenes.
Does Starship Inanna have a character creator like Mass Effect did?
Given the game is entirely pre-rendered images, that would be very difficult to handle as every different ethnicity would mean much more work for every image. I didn't plan for character creation at the beginning and it would be difficult to go back and add it in. I made a choice early on to make the main character dark skinned (I was watching a lot of Star Trek Deep Space Nine at the time). Race aside, you do get to choose your gender, your specialization, and through your choices, your sexuality.
What about your Fantasy Interactive Fiction?
That one does have a sort of character creator, the reader can choose between three races, three genders making for 9 main characters which will reflected in the art and the text.
What platforms are your games for?
Starship Inanna is currently available for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux platforms.
The Fantasy IF will likely be for Windows, MacOSX, and Linux as well.
Where can I get the latest release? Do I need to be a Patreon backer to play?
The most recent public release of the Starship Inanna, as well as credits and other community/support links, are available at StarshipInanna.com. The Fantasy RPG is not available at the moment, we will update the Patreon when it finally see's a release.
How many people are on the team?
The Mad Doctors comprise three people currently.
- DrMadDoc47 - writing, programming, website maintenance, marketing, and visual artwork.
- Omar - audio production and design
- Jamie - Tabletop RPG design and narrative consultant for the Starship Inanna game.
Is anyone else working with you?
Yes, we have a few friends and investors who do some play testing of the indev versions, Mrs. MadDoc works as a sounding board for the actual sci-fi side of the story.
Where does the money we pledge go?
Money generated from this Patreon will go support the development of Starship Inanna in the following ways
- Upgrading computers to support faster and better quality rendering (current goal is upgrading the computer to do animations for the game)
- Buying content to use in the game and art such as environments, props, textures, etc.
- Hiring on more team members as needed.
4 of 6
More Staff, more content! At this goal JamieH would move from the tabletop game (and acting as a Narrative Consultant) over to the other projects, to help with editing past episodes and releases and writing future ones. We'd also work on including short animations in Starship Inanna.
Become a patron to
Unlock 692 exclusive posts
Be part of the community
Connect via private message
Recent posts by The Mad Doctors
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method