Earthway Experienceis creating a Permaculture & Eco Retreat Center
Select a membership level
Also called the vertical layer. This layer is also called the rhizosphere. This layer can be part of other layers whose vines, trunks, or leaves come up out of it. This layer is unique as well because we can design a root layer for both production of food and also soil life creation. The root layer, when filled with biodiversity, creates pathways for water and air that no machine can do over time which in turn inoculates life into the soil.
Receive a thank you letter from Earthway Experience and our continued gratitude for your generosity. All active Patreons will be listed on future Earthway Experience Videos. Receive a 5% discount on our Online Permaculture Design Course (PDC).
Ground Cover Layer
Also called the horizontal layer. At the beginning stages of a food forest, this layer will look very weedy because we will fill it with annual rampant leguminous species that will dominate and die off every season. After 5 or so years we want to make sure to put in a perennial species that halts soil erosion, if possible provide nutrient, and also be visually aesthetic.
Receive a thank you letter from Earthway Experience and our continued gratitude for your generosity. All active Patreons will be listed on future Earthway Experience Videos. Receive a 10% discount on our Online Permaculture Design Course (PDC).
The understory, shrub layer, and herbaceous layer can sometimes be confusing because there are some small trees that look like bushes and some herbaceous plants such as bananas that look like small trees of visa versa. This layer along with the shrub layer (if planned right) can produce both annuals and perennials in a food forest farming scenario for abundant production.
Receive a thank you letter from Earthway Experience and our continued gratitude for your generosity. All active Patreons will be listed on future Earthway Experience Videos. Receive a 15% discount on our Online Permaculture Design Course (PDC).
This is a project dedicated to Land Stewardship, Education, Research and Sustainable Living.We are a small permaculture project in Somartin Romania. The Transylvania region is known for its local ecological farming methods. We will be integrating Permaculture Principles into a property that has sat idle for over 20 years.
Our VisionOur vision is to be strong caretakers of the land as taught by native cultures around the world, where looking 7 Generations into the future is a daily occurrence.
Through the acts of demonstration and education to share what we have learned with others.
In 2017/18 we have sold our lake property in Sweden and have bought a Saxon house, barn and small parcel of land in Transylvania. We will be posting on the blog more and more as time goes on.
We will be relocating to Somartin in Transylvania over the next three years. The plan is to be living there by 2021. Plans include guests coming to stay and learn to live “The Earthway” at this special place. Also plans for opening a small brewpub and having several rooms for hire.
By using Permaculture Principles, we care for the land and environment (local birds, bees, butterflies and other wildlife), we care for ourselves and others by eating organically and locally grown food and we give away or sell the excess – no waste!
As you can see by reading The Earthway Blog posts over the past two years, we are growing and progressing at an amazing pace.
Today as I wrote this, May 19, we have new additions to Earthway Experience - Somartin, we just purchased four pigs.
We honestly can use your support in the following projects and programs @ Earthway Experience including:
1. Green Nature Therapy Program where participants come closer to Nature in the Green Hills of Somartin.
2. Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Ecopsychology by Dissertation (Ph.D.) for Kevin to facilitate Green Nature Therapy Programs and other future Programs at Earthway Experience Permaculture & Eco Retreat Center.
3. Animals are an integral part of Permaculture and of the Green Nature Therapy Program. In addition to the chickens and pigs we have, we will be adding a cow and many dozens of sheep.
4. Our first food forest garden was planted this year and we will be needing to exp[ant them exponentially.
5. We would like to build a large Solar Green House for your round growing in Transylvania.
6. The roofs of four building need an overhaul and new roofing tiles.
7. We would like to purchase the house nearby and its attached piece of land. In the house, guest speakers or special guests can stay. On the small piece of land adjacent to it, we would like to build a communal living house, with private, semi-private and group sleeping rooms. Attached to the sleeping area will be a large gathering room and group earing area.
There are even more items on the list but I feel you are understanding our request for your help.