Curiosity without constraint.
When someone reads my resume, they invariably ask me what I really do. It's a valid question; I've done a lot. I was writing and dreaming in HTML back in the 90s, building Geocities sites about Star Trek and Star Wars. In the early 2000s, I was pumping out YouTube videos on fact-checking well before it was cool. I've been an editor in a national newsroom and just spent three years at Stanford in an institute dedicated to creative capacity building.
I'm a little bit of everything, and the number of people like me is growing. We are the folks who work to be the best possible fit for a rapidly changing economy. We lead from wherever we are, and we're wary of limits. I created E is for Everything for us. Welcome to your tribe.
E is for Everything is a platform for curious and creative people who are looking for better ways to lead from where they are. It consists of a Medium channel and a newsletter. It's a place to discover new dots and connect them to old ones -- an experiment in reading and sharing ideas without category limitations. I'd like to grow the newsletter and use it as a catalyst for a community centered around curiosity, creativity and insight generation.
E is for Everything is on Patreon for four reasons:
- To help people as they evolve to fit this rapidly changing economy
- To be a multimedia catalyst for curiosity, creativity and insights
- To launch The Cur-e-osity Community
- To give others a pathway and opportunity to do fun, meaningful work
- A 'Pro' subscription to Goodbits for one year. This would give me greater latitude to solicit and act on feedback -- both direct and through more precise analytics.
- Develop The Cur-e-osity Community. The future of great media is community. A good online experience is merely in service to a better offline one. The Cur-e-osity Community will be a network of self-led groups focused on reading and the discovery of new, actionable insights in different sectors, such as media, government, philanthropy and personal development. I'd love for the media and the community to feed one another to create even stronger content and, in turn, more robust communities.
- Develop premium and exclusive content for Patreon supporters and subscribers. These would be reading summaries, insights, worksheets and online curriculum. I will keep the newsletter and Medium channel free, of course.
- Dedicated time and assistance. Right now, I use my hobby time to work on E is for Everything. I'd like to dedicate my working time to it as well, using more of my time to research and write for the E is for Everything Medium channel, create a strong point of view for the newsletter and solicit (and pay) great writers to write for it as well.
- Develop a podcast on curiosity and combatting doubt. As the generation born in the early 1980's inherits the world's institutions and organizations, doubt and fear are likely to play a large role. Both run in direct contrast to curiosity and exploration. This podcast will explore tools and resources to work with and through doubt to seize agency and stay curious.
E is for Everything is my passion project that I'd love to turn into my life's work -- a home for curiosity without constraint. All donations enter you into The Cur-e-osity Community, and give you first dibs on gathering information. Thank you for taking the time to explore this opportunity to help me and others be curious ... and stay curious.