Elissa Marieis creating cute shit, sometimes dark
About Elissa Marie
Hey, y’all! I’m Elissa, and I’m so glad you’re here.I'm an illustrator and creator of many mediums, while also living out my old-lady-at-heart dreams of crochet, sewing, embroidery, and other handmade crafts. My style and content range from cute AF to dark as shit -- both artistically and personally. The connecting thread through all my work is a dangerously vivid imagination seduced by whimsy, magick... and let's be honest, food. I'm vocal about my mental health struggles, body positivity, feminine power, and I get a little witchy sometimes. But also, I like cute things, because we all need a respite from the crushing reality of being human.
As a full-time artist, your support allows me to continue my craft, grow, and create more cute/dark shit. Your patronage will unlock a behind-the-scenes, sometimes intimate, only slightly curated view of my creative process, mental health struggles, and daily life in the form of exclusive photos, sketches, journal entries, time lapses, and perhaps the occasional video (!!) not shared anywhere else. Interested in mental health? Personal growth? Want to know what I'm reading/listening to? Want to see the messy behind-the-'gram world of a hustling artist?
Welcome to my diary.
Oh, and I’ll also shamelessly bribe you with a patrons-only 20% off code that you can use in my print shop for each and every month you’re a patron.
This is all to say if you choose to support me monetarily, you’ll be directly contributing to my creative endeavors for the simple sake of art making. Creativity is rarely sold without dying a bit in the process, so support like yours helps me, and any artist you support, create uninhibitedly.
(p.s. Check out Amanda Palmer’s overview video for a beautiful depiction of how impactful support for artists is. Also, support her, too. She’s amazing.)
Because it’s not all about those dolla dolla billz y’all, I’ve outlined some other ways you can support me or any artist, with or without money.
Ways to support me for FREE and earn good karma:
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Like, comment, and share my posts (with credit, please).
- Follow me here on Patreon fo’ free, and turn on email notifications — you’ll get an email when I make public posts and announcements.
- Give my website a gander and click around for a bit.
- Spread the word on your social platform(s) of choice and IRL.
- Recommend me to anyone looking for art, custom projects, or design work.
Ways to support me monetarily:
- Become a patron for as little as $1/month, or any amount you choose.
- Buy an art print or two, which start at $15 (free domestic shipping).
- Commission a custom piece of art.
- Hire me for commercial illustration or design work.
Thank you for stopping by, thank you for supporting art in whatever capacity you’re able, and thank you for being a rad human.