Being an independent artist is not the easiest road, but it is the one that has always called me.
Your support makes it possible for me to make a living with my music.
Patreon was founded to connect us creatives with your, our audience and create a new model for the commerce of art. No record label. No middle man or woman. Just you and me. Patron to creator, creator to Patron.
It is my intention, through my music, to offer you something that is healing, nurturing and supportive to you personally and to our collective experience of the world.
Music is not only an art, it is a human need. All life is made up of vibration. We all carry a song within us and when we connect to music through listening, live performance and online mediums, we touch our own humanity and basic ability for compassion, something much needed during these times. Art, and music especially, builds community, creates a deep relatedness across cultural, religious, political, and social differences.
If you choose to join me here, I am not only deeply grateful, but I hope in being part of this journey with me you will find joy, connection, and a deeper sense of open-heartedness.
Before I dive into the nitty gritty of Patreon and how it all works, here's
A little background and some things you should know:
I have been a working artist since 2011. Since that time, I have been fortunate to make my living through various combinations of teaching and performing music.
In 2016 with the support of over 200 people, I raised $7,000 to finally complete my first full length album “Little World.” This incredible gift from my community, has allowed me to work with a wonderful producer in an effort to bring my recorded music to you.
In 2017 and beyond, Patreon is a continuation of this effort to grow and share my music with more and more people. Your patronage helps me continue to create music and live as a working artist. Unlike kickstarter, your donations do not go specifically to a project (although they do help outway costs like recording, website hosting, touring ect) – but in all transparency, your support also helps me to pay for my life so I can devote my time and energy to making music. There is a lot time that goes into being an artist from daily music practice, song writing and rehearsing to recording, making videos and handling the “biz” side like booking and promoting shows.
When you become a Patron, you are helping me to put in the time it takes to bring you the best music I can make, devoting my time to creating and sharing with less and less time spent teaching, fundraising, and whatever else I must do sometimes to “pay the bills.”
When you become a Patron, you are supporting my 2017 goals to:
- Release my first full length studio album “Little World.”
- Do a series of mini east-coast tours, made up of mostly House Concerts (my favorite performance environment. Click here to learn how to be part of this), a mini tour in Colorodo (my former stomping ground) and one in Isreal (because my bro lives there and is having a baby, and why not play some shows in between auntie time!)
- Release 6 total Live Looping videos OR more high quality “official” Little World music videos.
- Release 2-3 more songs, after “Little World” – because I write a lot of material and I’m already feeling excited about my newer songs that won’t make it on the album, but are and wanting to be shared.
Thank you for your commitment to making original music more available, and helping me make a living as an independent artist.
Because… the world is CRAZY and we need art to make sense of it all and get us through the rough waters! Thank you! You rock!
How it works:
You pledge to contribute whatever you would like for every song or video I release on Patreon. You are charged at the beginning of each month for last months released content. You can cancel you pledge at any time. If I don't release anything that month, you are not charged.
Here's what you can expect from me:
- I currently release a new song or video every 4-12 weeks.
- You will be charged ONLY when I release a new song. As I grow, I may release content more often. To ensure that you never contribute more per month then what works for you, be sure to set your “monthly maximum." For example: If you want to give $3 per song, but never want to pay more then this per month, set your monthly max at $3 so you know you will only be charged $3 or less each month. You can set this at your final step of checking out.
- Some of the songs I release here on Patreon, will eventually be available via iTunes and Spotify, but you get to hear them first and some of them are exclusive to Patrons and will not be released elsewhere else.
- As a patron you will get access to my Patreon feed (like a private FB group) where we get to interact and you get exclusive Patron only posts where I regularly post blogs, musings, updates, answere your questions or feedback and share with you:… (..()
- I post to the patron feed every 1-4 weeks, so check back soon, post your questions and enjoy being part of my community!
I hope you will decide to join me on this journey.
Your support means the world to me. Thank you!