Cold War turns Hot
Escalation 1985 is a realistic first person shooter that asks: What if the Cold War had turned hot?
Escalation 1985 promises a brutal vision of what it would have been like for soldiers on the line on both sides of the Iron Curtain in World War 3.
- Play as a variety of roles as platoon leader, tank commander/gunner/driver, radio man, anti-tanker or combat medic
- Use the weapons of the day, like the M16A1, Uzi, M60, M47 Dragon
- Roam the German countryside in classic Cold War vehicles, including the M113, BMP-2, Abrams M1, T-72, Shilka and more
- Make strategic decisions in a Grand Multiplayer Campaign
- Slug it out on 100 people servers
- Roam huge 64 square kilometer maps
- Realistic weapons with physics based ballistics
- Call in off-map artillery, cruise missiles, close air support aircraft, recon helicopters and more
- Watch bombers and fighters fill the skies and scores of tanks and APCs break through in a uranium-laden escalation of war to its maximum
Planned playable factions
- US Army
- Soviet Army
- West German Army (Bundeswehr)
- East German Army (NVA)
We need you!We are a team of enthusiastic artists producing the ultimate Cold War experience. We need your support to help us oil the machinery!
We have a Patreon-only channel on our Discord server and your Patreon level is reflected on the server. We are sending out awesome t-shirts and some very lovely designed genuine medals from DDR and the Soviet Union.
Please join us in our adventure and together, we will make the Cold War turn hot!
"1985. Public uprising in Eastern Berlin. Despite Chairman of the State Council Honecker declaring martial law and deploying military units to patrol the streets, the unrest only escalates. 7th October. Violence erupts during the Day of the Republic parade, when unknown gunmen open fire against the marching soldiers.
Joachim Herrmann, the DDR Agitation and Propaganda Secretary is convinced the conflict is instigated by the West and publicly accuses the CIA and subversive groups in Western Berlin for trying to destabilize the socialist republic. Honecker orders a new blockade of Berlin. An emergency security council is held in the UN, where Russia vetoes a motion to lift the blockade. Unrest spreads throughout the Warsaw Pact countries and spills over into the Soviet republics.
These events coincide with major NATO military exercises in West Germany that have sent the border areas into high alert. General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Andropov, hardliner and former head of the KGB, sees no other option but to launch a preemptive strike against NATO in order to protect Berlin and preserve the unity of the Warsaw Pact.
The Cold War is about to turn hot."
We are currently developing the game and many features are in an early developmental stage. Features may change sooner or later in the development cycle but we are working hard to fulfill our promises.