Evan Priceis creating transcriptions, videos, and etudes
Select a membership level
- ready-to-play sheet music of an improvised solo by a great improviser, transcribed and edited by EP
- 2 demonstration videos of the solo at practice and performance tempos
- written analysis of the solo's highlights, including interesting licks or observations of the artist's style
TOMClub Member benefits plus:
- a ready-to-play etude based on useful elements of the solo of the month
- mp3's of accompaniment-only play-along tracks so you can play with a live rhythm section
- Play-along accompaniment
TOMClub Member and Guest Artist benefits plus:
- personalized video feedback from EP on recordings of your own performances of TOMClub materials, including any transcriptions, concepts, or etudes
- personalized feedback
About Evan Price
Whether or not we feel confident as improvisers, every one of us craves fresh input now and then but we can't always find the time to go out and get it for ourselves. That's why I've created the TOMClub. It's a periodic infusion of ideas from some of the greatest improvisers on record—curated, transcribed, analyzed, and demonstrated by me, your intrepid guide.
Here's how it works: about once a month, I choose a recorded, improvised performance by a great musician—typically someone whose playing has had a significant impact on their genre or whose playing typifies a particular musical approach. I then meticulously transcribe that performance and create ready-to-play sheet music of it, complete with bowings and fingering suggestions*. Then I create 2 videos of myself recreating that performance—one at a practice tempo and one up to speed. Club members can then see, hear, and absorb the subtleties of phrasing that make the music come off the page, giving you the opportunity to really get inside the mind and body of the performer. I also include a brief verbal analysis of each solo, giving you some ideas to take away from it, whether they be some juicy licks or patterns, a particular chord substitution, or some approach to soloing you may not have considered before. Then you get out your instrument and dive in!
Although the choice of content is ultimately mine, input and requests are welcome! Let me know who you are and what you're looking for. The more feedback I get from my subscribers, the more useful the product will ultimately be. Ready to begin?
*(Bowings should apply universally to all stringed instruments but fingerings are provided for violinists only, I'm afraid. You don't want to know what I would do on a cello.)