Simply put, we are supporting action through information and advocacy by creating content that promotes play, defends childhood, and empowers caregivers.
What's patronage all about?
Back in olden times, kings, queens, popes, and rich folks would support painters, sculptures, musicians,and other artists so that they could create. The Patreon website uses the power of the internet and crowdfunding to allow folks like you to support folks like us as we create content you enjoy.
If you find value in the content we create and share online, this is a chance for you to support that work and help us to do even more. In exchange for your support, we will focus on making quality content and do our best to assure you are thanked and rewarded for your support.
What's my patronage accomplish?
First off, your patronage supports the continued creation of our daily Facebook Quote Posters , Crowd Sourced Early Learning Posters, and posts to the Play of The Day Pinterest board as well as Early Learning Notes, the Child Care Bar & Grill podcast, the CCBAG Shots podcast, the Lisa's Book Report podcast, and the Tom Copeland's Taking Care Of Business podcast. On average, this content reaches, informs, entertains, and educates over 300,000 individuals from all over the world each week.
More importantly, your support allows us to step up the content creation. With the help of patrons, we can start:
- Offering monthly live YouTube events to discuss child-led play and caregiver self-care.
- Designing a new poster, bumper-sticker, postcard, or similar doodad each month that promotes child-led play.
- Creating regular content aimed at educating parents about the importance of play.
- Developing sample policies that support child-led play.
- Sharing content that once would have gone into a book (and taken 2 years to share) in new and interesting ways (and lots quicker).
- Partnering with other early learning content creators (like we have done with Denita Dinger and Lisa Murphy with the Child Care Bar & Grill podcast) to create neat stuff.
We've got a lot of ideas. Your patronage helps make them realities. Become a patron and we'll send you a list with more specifics...plus, as we plan future content, we will solicit input from our patrons to make sure we are headed down a path approved by the folks supporting our work.
What do I get for my support?
- Recognition. We will publicly recognize and thank our patrons whenever possible. The ways we recognize our supporters will depend on the level at which they support our efforts.
- Resources. Remember all that new content we mentioned in the last section? You'll have access to most of the digital content right here on our Patreon feed before we make it public. Plus, if you fund at certain levels we'll mail you the non-digital stuff you help create.
- Rewards. We'll create special content just for our patrons, share discounts for toys and trainings, and seek out other ways to reward you for your support.
- Input. We will look to our patrons for ideas and opinions as we chart our course. You'll have opportunities to help guide our progress--kind of like the regents of a university.
What if I don't have much money to invest?
Give what you can. If just a few percent of the folks who view our stuff online each week pledged $1.00 per month, we could roll out all kinds of new content. It all adds up and any support you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Can I change my funding level?
Sure, you are in total control. You can increase or decrease your contribution to the cause, or cancel you patronage all together, at any time.
Do I have to be in the USA to be a patron?
No, the site is US based, but currency will be automatically converted when you pledge to support our efforts. Our content is viewed all over the world so we would love to have an international base of patrons.
When will you process payments?
The start of each month.
What if I have more questions?
Email [email protected] or call 888-401-6116.
Thanks for considering supporting our efforts!
Health and Happiness,
--Jeff, Lisa, Tasha, & Tom