Who is this guy and what is a Freedom Penguin?
Hi, my name is Matt Hartley. If you've followed Linux in the press for the past 10+ years the odds are excellent that you've seen my name float about on podcasts, articles, and various how-to content. I've been writing and producing various forms of useful Linux content for Linux users of all experience levels.
Some of my more notable experiences include:
- A website where Linux savvy individuals could share their own Linux insights and tips
- Articles for Datamation.com as a weekly columnist.
- Documentation and promotion assistance for Patrick Balleux on his WebcamStudio project.
- Package inclusion thoughts and advice for the Ubuntu MATE project and their Software Boutique.
- Co-founded/co-produced, co-hosted and/or even appeared as a guest on numerous shows over the years. This includes co-hosting the Linux Action Show, Linux Unplugged, and Linux and Whatnot. I also did some fun one-off videos as well.
- Answering your Linux questions. I've been doing this for a long time.
What is this Patreon about?
Addressing the successes and failures of the Linux desktop is something I've had a great deal of experience with. Even better, I also happen to have some pretty good ideas on how to make our Linux experiences better. Funding this Patreon campaign will allow me to produce an open dialog video series thanks to your support.
It takes a community
Join me, let's discuss the different ways we can make Linux and FoSS even more awesome than it already is. As this video series grows, I'll be looking at feedback from the community and adjusting the series format to make sure this project is a runaway success.
Let's do this!
Sound good to you? Awesome, then please select a monthly Patreon reward tier that works for you and let's get to work.