Girl Museumis creating a virtual museum about girlhood
Select a membership level
Receive exclusive updates from our senior staff via our monthly e-newsletter and patron-only messages.
Supports one exhibition a year. You'll receive our monthly e-newsletter, behind the scenes content, and listing in our Annual Report.
Supports our core operations. You'll receive our monthly e-newsletter, exclusive behind-the-scenes content, a store discount code, and recognition in our Annual Report.
About Girl Museum
Our vision is being a world class, socially responsible virtual museum that preserves, protects, and advances girl culture while supporting healthy, creative minds; safe bodies; and peaceful communities for girls worldwide. Our broad vision allows us to focus on bringing individual and community stories to the forefront, forgoing traditional curation in favor of allowing girls to speak for themselves.
As a virtual museum, we don’t have typical costs like temperature control, conservation materials, or insurance. We work from our homes and public spaces around the world, and dedicate all of our funds to producing awesome programs that fight misogyny in museums and culture.
We welcome over 50,000 visitors per year, host a podcast of over 400 listeners, curate 4 exhibitions per year, and collaborate on projects and publications with organizations, artists, and individuals around the world. Our successes let us know that...
- Girl Museum should exist for a long time. Our model works, enabling people to access girls' history and culture — and use it at home, in classrooms, and in public spaces — with just an Internet connection. We’re obsessed with our work — it’s fun, engaging, and built around a tribe who want to turn cultural heritage into the inclusive, gender-equal space it should be.
- We need to make Girl Museum self-sustaining for this to work. Infrequent fundraisers and one-time donations are not sustainable. That's where you can help.
Join the Girl Museum Sisterhood, available exclusively on Patreon. Monthly giving makes donating more budget-friendly for all of us, and helps us focus more on mission and less on fundraising.
How We Use the Money
Our initial goal is $ 200 per month, to cover our annual operations. For every $1 we raise, we spend:
- 57 cents on exhibits and programs (copyrights, commissions, and software),
- 32 cents on operations (website hosting and security), and
- 11 cents on development and marketing.
Ready to give girls the museum they deserve? Join for as little as $1 per month (that's LESS than a cup of coffee!) today.
Ashley E. Remer
Founder & Head Girl