Good Beer Hunting is combining fundraising with community-building through a new concept called the Fervent Few.
Want to purchase a year membership all at once and skip the processing and Patreon fees? Go through GBH's online shop for Fervent Few Memberships here.
Members' financial contributions directly fund the site's editorial and podcast. And as members, you're invited to participate in a productive beer community focused on debate and dialog around the issues we care about most. Fans, aficionados, and professionals from brewing, retail, and distribution, as well as writers, historians, and photographers around the world all contribute to the ongoing conversation.
With your help, we've been able to grow Good Beer Hunting and launch a new section of the site, publishing the opinions and experiences of our community members.
We've also been designing new gear and merch exclusive to this community.
Here's some of the new things we're up to with our community backing:
- Launching a new community area of the site, Fervent Few, where you can engage with each other, GBH, and professionals we invite to discuss particular topics
- Launching a new podcast episode format bi-monthly to discuss the stories behind the stories with the GBH team around the world, and you'll be invited to join us from Fervent Few. essentially doubling the podcast publishing rate!
- Launching a new musical component on the podcast with custom scoring from Andrew Thiboldeaux, who writes our music for the podcast and videos we produce
- 3-4 new themed sections of the site focused on particular trends in the industry where we'll report monthly
- New investment in international coverage, starting with the U.K.
Fervent Few members will also start receiving (depending on the level):
- Fervent Few membership pins
- Exclusive designs for gear, glassware, t-shirts on a quarterly basis
- Invites to private studio events, monthly bottle shares
- Discount to GBH events, like Uppers & Downers, which is hitting the road this year (hey, London)
- Special offers from brewery partners, like exclusive tours, collab merch with GBH, limited number of discounts to events, VIP access, etc. worldwide
From the very beginning (almost 10 years now!), we've always put our readers and listeners first. Little to no advertising, supported by the gear we design and sell on-site, and with a focus on longform, in-depth storytelling (and photos and design and, hey, a podcast) that's both insightful and beautiful.
In the past 18 months, our storytelling ambitions outgrew what our e-commerce could directly support, but our readers and listeners came to the site in record numbers—more than double any previous benchmarks. That tells us that we should keep going hard. And we'd like to do it with you, like we always have.
Your contributions here, a subscription of sorts, will go directly toward paying our writers, photographers, designers, and covering our costs. The more we raise, the more leash you give us to go after new ideas and share them with the world. We have a lot in store for 2018, and you can help us bigtime.
Best of all? This kind of ownership keeps you, our readers and listeners, at the center of our mission. And we need you now more than ever. Thanks for your support!