I'm Polly, the sole person behind Green Indy and Zero Waste Lafayette. I started going zero waste in 2016. In a food desert. Without a car. Living just above the poverty line. From that I gathered a very simple idea of zero waste: none of us are going to be perfect, but we're all able to make a few simple habit shifts that will drastically improve the environment and our communities themselves.
Thanks to huge support from readers of Green Indy, I've been able to take part in so many amazing opportunities to spread zero waste both online and offline. Currently I'm:
- posting twice a week on greenindyblog.com;
- offering at least one in-person workshop in Indiana each month through local businesses and organizations;
- running Zero Waste Lafayette, a community group excited about bring zero waste principals to our city;
- offering zero waste products to the community (menstrual cups, homelessness kits, reusable bags to the food bank, and reusable produce bags at the farmers market);
- creating and maintaining a "Bag Borrow" program through the local farmers market where people can borrow and return tote bags each week.
With your patronage, I'll be able to expand current programs and you'll get access to:
- more individualized video content right here on Patreon so you can see zero waste practices IRL;
- once-monthly webinars on both beginner and advanced zero waste topics;
- deciding what zero waste items Green Indy will make available to those who can't afford them;
- more in-person workshops without charging a fee if you're in Indiana;
- and much more - if you have ideas, I want to hear them!
I'm so excited you're here and feel so honored to be able to spend my days educating!