GridSound is an open source GitHub organization which are building an HTML5 DAW (digital audio workstation) who follows the Web Audio API, a new standard from the W3C, our app will stays at least compatible with any updated Chrome or Firefox. You can use it here at gridsound.github.io/daw, please keep in mind there is still a huge lack of features.
For the moment...
- we have an undo/redo mechanism
- we can create, save and re-open compositions
- we can export the compositions in WAV
- we have the basic play/pause/loop controls
- we have also a basic piano roll
- with a basic synthesizer
In the future we could have...
- a complete synthesizer full options
- a mixer with effects
- and a step sequencer with audio-buffers
Any kind of contribution are welcome :)
- The landing page: gridsound.com
- Our main GitHub repository (the DAW): github.com/gridsound/daw
- Our UI components collection: github.com/gridsound/gs-ui-components
- Our (minimal) Web Audio library: github.com/gridsound/gs-webaudio-library
- An up-to-date changelog