We are a group of regular people who believe anyone can learn to be a hero. Four years ago we launched the first-ever Hero Round Table, the world's largest conference on heroism. The message was based on the classroom experience of educator Matt Langdon and a network of innovators, scholars and heroism experts. We are amazed by people's response—what started as a small local gathering is now a global event. It has spread to three continents and brings people together from around the world.
But we have much bigger plans. We believe that a culture of heroism starts with young people. We have created a non-profit organization, the Hero Construction Company, to teach kids and teenagers how to be heroes. The HCC runs the American version of the Hero Round Table, and creates heroism lessons for any school that needs them. These lessons are always FREE. We don't charge for them because we want to have the biggest impact possible.
The goals of the Hero Construction Company are simple:
- Teach. Create free, in-depth heroism curriculum for teachers of all grade levels.
- Share. Bring together people from all walks of life at the Hero Round Table in Brighton, MI.
- Inspire. Help people of all ages learn what it means to be a hero & how to be tomorrow's hero.
The way Patreon works is you can donate any amount you want and the donation will be recurring every month. That means that any amount you choose, from $1/month on up, is a huge help to the cause.
What Will the Money Be Used For?
Our educational work is what needs your support the most. Our initial goal is to reach $500/month in contributions, which will allow us to:
- Develop a series of heroism lesson plans aimed at different ages, grade levels and topics.
- Produce high quality video lessons that can be used in-class.
- Pay for marketing and outreach so that the curriculum reaches as many schools as possible.
- Hire professionals to help where needed and cover the day-to-day costs of running a nonprofit.
Every single person who has shown their support is helping make real change. Thank you for anything you decide to do, and thank you for believing in heroes!